Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the 21st pick of the draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...502264833?s=21

Kid's having a tough process. He might be there at 53.

Comment

Yeah just what they need another injury prone player

Comment

Thought the exact same thing.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Here is my 2020 draft picks wr,wr,wr,wr

Comment

4.55? Not sure he could outrun Alshon.

Should not use the first pick on a receiver. They never get them right anyway.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Select a bust lineman.

Comment

I view the wide receiver (and maybe running back) position differently than the other positions. I almost prefer to have a very good wideout and not a great one. As the seasons go by, I think I'd rather have 'committees of very good' versus superstars. I think it's easier to stop a superstar than a committee. Someone who demands to touch the ball 10+ times a game can disrupt an offense and also is easier to defend with a competent defense. An offense that spreads the ball around is very difficult to defend. Let's not forget what an injury can do when that superstar goes down and you have limited second options due to the salary cap.

That being said, if any of those top three wideouts appear to sound like an overbearing diva, cross them off the board. If Jefferson has a good head on his shoulders, I'm ok with them staying put at #21 if he's there. It's fine to be a player with confidence but if they see an ego red flag with a wideout, go to Plan B. I may not take that stance with some of the other positions but I will with wide receiver. This is Wentz's team so I want him to get the right guy he can grow with and not worry about his ego getting in the way.
                Last edited by Snakebitten; 03-06-2020, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                  I view the wide receiver (and maybe running back) position differently than the other positions. I almost prefer to have a very good wideout and not a great one. As the seasons go by, I think I'd rather have 'committees of very good' versus superstars. I think it's easier to stop a superstar than a committee. Someone who demands to touch the ball 10+ times a game can disrupt an offense and also is easier to defend with a competent defense. An offense that spreads the ball around is very difficult to defend. Let's not forget what an injury can do when that superstar goes down and you have limited second options due to the salary cap.

That being said, if any of those top three wideouts appear to sound like an overbearing diva, cross them off the board. If Jefferson has a good head on his shoulders, I'm ok with them staying put at #21 if he's there. It's fine to be a player with confidence but if they see an ego red flag with a wideout, go to Plan B. I may not take that stance with some of the other positions but I will with wide receiver. This is Wentz's team so I want him to get the right guy he can grow with and not worry about his ego getting in the way.
                  Agree with most of what you're saying but not all great wideouts are divas. Carson needs a superstar receiver to fully unlock his potential IMO. I'm all-in on trading up for Lamb or Jeudy if one of them falls. Regardless I want to come out of this draft with 3+ receivers for Carson to grow with. No more mediocre vets.

Comment

I think having the best tight end core in the NFL along with running backs who can catch the ball helps Carson a lot. The reason I'm not really jonesing for that superstar wideout is that I don't see it as need as much as a want. I will be happy if they find a way to get Lamb but I won't be devastated if they end up with Jefferson (assuming both work out). It reminds me of two other LSU wideouts, Beckham vs Landry. Beckham is better but Landry could do the job. I also prefer not to tie up too much cap on one wideout. JMO

Comment

Working...
                    X