Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tis the season of lies and deceipt, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tis the season of lies and deceipt, but...

even hearing the name 'andre dillard' being floated around as trade bait is more than a little concerning.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...y-philadelphia

With JP being allowed to try FA this could come back to bite them if true and they don’t have confidence in Dill.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

As a rookie, was Dillard really a liability? I didn't see it outside of normal growing pains. I've seen plenty of bad linemen here. Not sure Dillard is one of them.

Comment

They are going to let JP hit free agency - of course this doesn't mean they are sold on Dillard either. How much is Big V going to command in FA? I'd guess the price is too steep since its a foregone conclusion that he will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          As a rookie, was Dillard really a liability? I didn't see it outside of normal growing pains. I've seen plenty of bad linemen here. Not sure Dillard is one of them.
          I didn't see it either. He got roughed up in Minnesota and Dallas, then bounced back in Buffalo and they had their best rushing game of the year, and followed up against Chicago with another solid game.

I didn't break down the All 22, but I've seen enough bad line play over the years to know what it looks like. Dillard seemed to be getting stronger and better as he played.

Maybe Dillard was a Douglas guy, and they're eyeing up the Jets' 11th overall pick. I dunno what they're up to.

Comment

Someone's gonna pay JP a few million. Time to get sold on our freaking #1 pick c'mon

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I didn't see it either. He got roughed up in Minnesota and Dallas, then bounced back in Buffalo and they had their best rushing game of the year, and followed up against Chicago with another solid game.

I didn't break down the All 22, but I've seen enough bad line play over the years to know what it looks like. Dillard seemed to be getting stronger and better as he played.

Maybe Dillard was a Douglas guy, and they're eyeing up the Jets' 11th overall pick. I dunno what they're up to.

Agreed,

haven’t seen enough to create serious doubt for me.

The trending comment that worry me is the mental end of the job. If that is a real issue that could spell trouble, no knock on Brooks but can we afford another starting lineman with those kind of challenges?

Even it’s some thing just like the yips.
              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

The concern seems to be that Dillard is mentally weak.
                There appears to be three instances, for example:
                crying in the locker room after one game. Whining about how harsh the Philly fans were to him. Getting booboo faced after getting reamed out by position coaches during a practice.
                Danny Watkins part two?
                Of particular concern also seems to be his defeatist attitude before the game where he was to start at right tackle. The whole “writing with the wrong hand” thing and seemingly saying in advance that he would likely suck.
                I guess we’ll see, but resigning Peters or trading for an OT would speak volumes about how the coaching staff is concerned about him.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I thought he looked fine on the left side of the line when forced to play. Typical rookie pains but thought he looked like a guy who has the goods. If there is any substance to this, perhaps it's something that isn't showing up on film they don't love.

Comment

I think the fact that they just basically confirmed that Peters is gone should put this to bed. Publicly announcing that they're letting him test the market is pretty definitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                      The concern seems to be that Dillard is mentally weak.
                      There appears to be three instances, for example:
                      crying in the locker room after one game. Whining about how harsh the Philly fans were to him. Getting booboo faced after getting reamed out by position coaches during a practice.
                      Danny Watkins part two?
                      Of particular concern also seems to be his defeatist attitude before the game where he was to start at right tackle. The whole “writing with the wrong hand” thing and seemingly saying in advance that he would likely suck.
                      I guess we’ll see, but resigning Peters or trading for an OT would speak volumes about how the coaching staff is concerned about him.
                      The camp thing was just written up as a fight when it happened, by multiple beat writers. Only recently did Kempski put the blubbering sack of marshmallow fluff spin all over it.

I never heard the other two stories.

The one thing I really didn't like was his attitude about playing RT. He went into that game thinking he was going to play like shit, talking like he was going to play like shit, and lo and behold... homie played like shit. That was kind of a bitch move.

Comment

Finding a good OT is very, very hard in the NFL. It's one of the most important positions on the team so they need to exhaust everything before they give up on him. If he hits his potential, this would solidify this offense for a decade. Rookies can say dumb things. We just have to hope he grows out of it. Let's not forget the Eagles traded for a young OT in 2009 that was considered very immature that had just given up 11 sacks. He's headed to the Hall of Fame. I'm not saying Dillard is going to be the next Peters. I'm saying it's very risky to give up on a rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                          I think the fact that they just basically confirmed that Peters is gone should put this to bed. Publicly announcing that they're letting him test the market is pretty definitive.
                          I didn't see dillard as such a problem,,he had some rookie games,,Unless the guy is a total head case this is ok,,who knows JP might not get a good offer,and just stay here if they will take him as a backup T or a starting LFT G..

we will see
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

I didn't see dillard as such a problem,,he had some rookie games,,Unless the guy is a total head case this is ok,,who knows JP might not get a good offer,and just stay here if they will take him as a backup T or a starting LFT G..

we will see
                            All I know is, he had a day at practice when some vets were talking runs at him, shit got intense, they ended up throwing hands, and he got emotional. Adrenaline does that, especially to a kid in his first NFL camp. I really think this whole Peters/Dillard drama is just bloggers and beat writers amusing themselves, and filling offseason dead-air with noise. If Dillard was half the pussy these guys are making him out to be, no way Peters makes it to free agency.

As long as Dillard is committed to whatever strength training program the team has him on, I think he's going to be fine. This will all blow away, like the Schwartz hostile-takeover stories from three years ago.

Comment

Finding a good OT is very, very hard in the NFL. It's one of the most important positions on the team so they need to exhaust everything before they give up on him. If he hits his potential, this would solidify this offense for a decade. Rookies can say dumb things. We just have to hope he grows out of it. Let's not forget the Eagles traded for a young OT in 2009 that was considered very immature that had just given up 11 sacks. He's headed to the Hall of Fame. I'm not saying Dillard is going to be the next Peters. I'm saying it's very risky to give up on a rookie.
                              Great point, I'd imagine it stings Bills fans to see JP have a hall of fame career. Would be a weird twist if the Eagles made the same mistake with the very player they drafted as the heir to JP(also not saying Dillard is the next Peters)

Comment

Working...
                              X