X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Butler rips Sixers

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-was-in-charge

Tons of shit from JJ Redick's podcast, like :

"Hell yeah, it was difficult. It was so different, and on any given day, me as a person, as a player, I didn't know who the f--k was in charge. I think that was my biggest thing. I didn't know what the f--k to expect whenever I would go into the gym, whenever I'd go into the plane, whenever I'd go into the game. I was like: 'Man.' I think I was as lost as the next motherf--ker."
    Last edited by dev_32; 03-11-2020, 12:54 PM.

"The most interesting was Butler's time with the Sixers and why it didn't work out. The biggest factor for Butler's departure seemed to be a rocky relationship with Brett Brown."

I've been saying for quite a while that Brett Brown is the biggest problem with the Sixers. Even though Brown worked under Gregg Popovich for twelve years doesn't mean that Brown is in the same league as Popovich as far as being a good coach. I'm still convinced the team would have been far better off if they were able to keep Jimmy Butler but apparently for that to happen Brown would have had to go which would have been a win/win situation.

Comment

Guy doesn't understand how crazy his end in Minnesota was. He's never been self aware of how he comes off to teammates and how he can contribute positively or negatively to building a team. Heat has a much better and stronger culture than the Sixers, but I am interested to see what happens when he disagrees with Spoelstra and/or Riley. Its always gravy with him in the beginning. That said, I'm ready for a coaching change.

Somebody told me a main reason that I didn't go back was because somebody asked: 'Can you control him?' Like: 'Can you control Jimmy? If you can control Jimmy, we would think about having him back.' I was like: 'You don't gotta worry about it. S--t, can't nobody f--king control me.' For one, I ain't just out there doing no bulls--t, but the fact that you're trying to control a grown man? Naw, I'm cool. Because I don't do nothing that's just drastically f--king stupidly crazy. I do not do that. So don't sit here and come at me with the: 'Oh, we gotta try to control him.' Nah, you good. Don't even worry about it. ... You ain't gotta worry about me coming. If that's what y'all worried about, if that's what y'all worried about, I think man, good luck to y'all."

Comment

The Sixers will need a new coach to get to the next level. Though not the same team, I think back to when Doug Collins was the coach of the Bulls. He could only get them so far. Phil Jackson took over and then they did what they did.

Comment

Brown must go. Butler is a cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
            Brown must go. Butler is a cunt.
            bwah
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
            X