NCAA bans fans from March Madness...wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA bans fans from March Madness...wow

Frankly, we used to be the country that got out in front of this kind of shit, but someone decided to gut the CDC and close the Global Health Unit of the NSC, because he thought they were a waste of money. For a man who took deficit spending to a trillion a year, that is a sad testament. This is Karma, a microscopic virus may well kill the cancer that is really infecting this country.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

This is not time for finger-pointing politics ... mask manufacturers were making 90 percent of them in the US 10-15 years ago and when they all went overseas the head of the biggest company said you better have a reserve for a pandemic ... who fucked that up?

EDITED TO ADD: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...th-coronavirus
    Last edited by slag; 03-11-2020, 05:56 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      This is not time for finger-pointing politics ... mask manufacturers were making 90 percent of them in the US 10-15 years ago and when they all went overseas the head of the biggest company said you better have a reserve for a pandemic ... who fucked that up?

no problem,,you are 100% correct,,128 mill for golfing @ his resorts..But Gut the CDC, homeland security dept because, why do you need to be prepared?
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

typical conservative response, deflect blame elsewhere. How do you account for the blamer in chief's approach? We can't even get a handle on testing for the fucking thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

typical conservative response, deflect blame elsewhere. How do you account for the blamer in chief's approach? We can't even get a handle on testing for the fucking thing!
          I'm a registered Democrat ... stop finger pointing ... this is serious shit and you want to make it political ... all you are is part of the problem that gets nothing done ... Northwell just went to automated testing today up here.

EDITED TO ADD: And if Trump is so fucking stupid (which he may very well be ... or such a narcissist that he can't help himself) to not understand that this is not about him and he needs to focus on us ... Biden will be President. So you actually should be happy about what you see him doing.
          Last edited by slag; 03-11-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Just for reference.....

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/de...avirus-claims/

slag is correct though, this is not a time for politics on any level.

With respect to testing, if you cant test everyone, you cant test anyone (or almost anyone). How do you choose who to test under such limited supply? Some are arguing we were already WAY past testing being useful weeks ago, and it wouldn't have mattered given how fast this one moves. YMMV.

Comment

Don't drink the water. The government is hiding the fact it's a terrostic attack. The easiest way to poison the world is through our water. Just sayin

Comment

I'm a registered Democrat ... stop finger pointing ... this is serious shit and you want to make it political ... all you are is part of the problem that gets nothing done ... Northwell just went to automated testing today up here.

EDITED TO ADD: And if Trump is so fucking stupid (which he may very well be ... or such a narcissist that he can't help himself) to not understand that this is not about him and he needs to focus on us ... Biden will be President. So you actually should be happy about what you see him doing.
                Yeah let's never point fingers, I'm a fucking independent and never will align myself with either party, I just seek competence. It scares me that Biden actually looks highly competent compared to Trump at this point, and this is a moment when we absolutely need competent leadership and all we are getting is BS and confusion. The facts are that he gutted the government, especially the scientific arm of it, and that's why we are not on top of this and it will likely get even worse. The NBA just announced they are closing the doors on fans too, after meeting with public health officials. They are going to lose a shitload of money doing this, so to make that decision what they heard must have been pretty bad. I'm sick and tired of the 'don't point finger, BS, to me it is the only way to change what is going on by pointing to the problem and addressing it. We are facing a lot of uncertainty because those in charge are more concerned about covering their asses than actually doing what is necessary to calm and assure the electorate. And that is what makes this very POLITICAL.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Biden wouldn't have been making decisions to let people die to protect his re-election chance. I don't know how serious this shit will get but Trump was mostly looking at the stock market.

I'll take a well intentioned senile fuck over a grifter.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I spent the last two days on phone calls with "experts" from CDC and elsewhere. My conclusion of the last two days? "We really don't know what the fuck is going on."
                      DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                        I spent the last two days on phone calls with "experts" from CDC and elsewhere. My conclusion of the last two days? "We really don't know what the fuck is going on."
                        I work in healthcare. The message I am getting is “Prepare for the worst, hope for the best”. Our management team ihas been working overtime trying to prepare and have been doing so for a number of weeks to insure we have staff and essential supplies. I’ve received more useful actionable info from our organization than I have from the government.

It’s a big mistake to downplay the risks here IMO.
                        Much better to be proactive and overreact than to be caught unprepared.

One other thing: The lack of testing here is a disgrace. Other countries are doing far more.

--------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

One other thing: The lack of testing here is a disgrace. Other countries are doing far more.
                          100% Other countries have drive through testing and we have no clue at this point how many people are carrying the virus. That sucks.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

100% Other countries have drive through testing and we have no clue at this point how many people are carrying the virus. That sucks.
                            This is an interesting and informative article on what happened ... assuming the report is accurate ... https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...-united-states

Comment

Two weeks of this and people are going to have had enough. The panic is way out of proportion.

Comment

Working...
                              X