Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byron Jones is a Dolphin, James Bradberry is a Giant

That escalated quickly.

I don't think Howie has a plan at all. I think he is going to shit his pants, panic and make some bad decisions. Hope not but just a hunch. But I will go on record that I didn't and never wanted anything to do with that cockroach Jones anyways!

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
      That escalated quickly.
      The last time we went all in on one player and lost, we ended up with DeMarco Murray as a consolation prize. I fully expect Howie to do something desperate and stupid now that he just got bitch slapped by the Dolphins for the second time in four months.

Comment

I'll let it play out. I think Howie has a trade or two in mind. I'm encouraged that the good teams in this league are staying clear of these overrated free agents. The draft will always make or break this team. Free agency is overrated.

Comment

Hearing from Shefter that Hopkins was available since February and it was the worst kept secret in the league. How the fuck do you not offer a 1st for Hopkins how is better than anyone in this year's draft? Proven and durable!! 1st and 3rd or 4th would have got it done for sure. Hop would have been nasty with Deseasn Ertz and Goedert shit
          ​​

Comment

This team can't afford a wideout with that price tag. He's not happy about his contract and most likely will get it restructured. Hopkins and that contract doesn't fit here.

Comment

This team can't afford a wideout with that price tag. He's not happy about his contract and most likely will get it restructured. Hopkins and that contract doesn't fit here.
              Ya they can. Howie could make it work especially with the new CBA.

Shit if he ain't going after a top WR or a top CB what are we doing? Stashing it?

Comment

A lot of loser teams think they are winning free agency......again. You don't tie up potentially another $18m - $20m on a wideout. Especially in a year where the draft is loaded with them. This is not fantasy football. Hopkins won nothing in Houston. The Eagles just won a Super Bowl. How were their WRs and CBs? Exactly.

Comment

A lot of loser teams think they are winning free agency......again. You don't tie up potentially another $18m - $20m on a wideout. Especially in a year where the draft is loaded with them. This is not fantasy football. Hopkins won nothing in Houston. The Eagles just won a Super Bowl. How were their WRs and CBs? Exactly.
                  Wait we are comparing Houston and Philly lol Alshon was a beast that year and a great player on a bad team doesn't mean it's his fault he never won a SB.

Sure we could draft a WR in the 1st round doesn't mean he pans out? If you got a shot at a top 3 in the league you take it! You can upgrade CB in the draft and FA as well. It's not about fantasy football it's about putting together a team that is tough to beat. And ya, sometimes you have to pay $$ for one of the best in the game we just done know that cause we haven't really had one since TO.

We won a SB in a certain year in a certain way that was magical but not really a blueprint to repeat.
                  Down our starting at the time MVP QB, LT, RB, and the lost goes on probably has never happened before and won't again.
                  ​​

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                    We won a SB in a certain year in a certain way that was magical but not really a blueprint to repeat.
                    Down our starting at the time MVP QB, LT, RB, and the lost goes on probably has never happened before and won't again.
                    ​​
                    They won because they finally produced the Patriots blueprint. That team was built just like the Pats and that's why they won. They had depth and ran committees of good and very good players. Those teams didn't need superstars on offense. Superstar wide receivers are not a necessity to win games. All you need is a couple of competent ones. Top 3 WRs win fantasy championships not Super Bowls. Expecting Howie to trade for a $20M-a-year wideout after having the money tied up with Jeffery and Djax makes zero sense. What's worse is this draft is deep with wideouts. Let's stick with the Patriot's blueprint not the Browns.

Comment

They won because they finally produced the Patriots blueprint. That team was built just like the Pats and that's why they won. They had depth and ran committees of good and very good players. Those teams didn't need superstars on offense. Superstar wide receivers are not a necessity to win games. All you need is a couple of competent ones. Top 3 WRs win fantasy championships not Super Bowls. Expecting Howie to trade for a $20M-a-year wideout after having the money tied up with Jeffery and Djax makes zero sense. What's worse is this draft is deep with wideouts. Let's stick with the Patriot's blueprint not the Browns.
                      Jeffery could be gone with the new CBA. That year was lightening in a bottle with how it played out.

Having a #1 legit WR helps and doesn't waste our QB's prime, we have seen that movie before. Yes the draft is stacked but we aren't the only WR needy team. No guarantees the one we select pans out either. But Hopkins is a stud, never misses a game and is a legit complete receiver.

So ya, without a doubt I pair him with Djax Ertz Goedert and Ward to go with Sanders Scott and insert hammer RB to go with Wentz and your offense. Is immediately top 2-3 in the NFL! (If healthy)
                      ​​​​​​
                      Then take the remaining cap and go and fill the defense and go heavy in D in the draft and we can always restructure a few contracts which I expect Howie to do.

Many ways to skin a cat this one would have been just fine.

Comment

Jeffrey could be gone but the cap hit is still there. This team has too many holes to sign a big-ticket wideout. You said it may have taken a first and third or fourth rounder for this trade. That means they are choosing this year to practically skip a deep draft. This team needs to get younger. They need to build through the draft. If you're bored, check out the articles regarding winners and losers in free agency. Last year, Kansas City was considered a loser. The year before, New England was considered a loser. Both won the Super Bowl those seasons. We just have different philosophies on what it takes to build a winner. I want Howie to face his demons and finally draft a quality receiver that Wentz can grow old with. If he fails again, I may have to reconsider. I just don't think now is the time for him to get cold feet. For the record, we don't even know if Hopkins had any say where he ended up.

Comment

Jeffrey could be gone but the cap hit is still there. This team has too many holes to sign a big-ticket wideout. You said it may have taken a first and third or fourth rounder for this trade. That means they are choosing this year to practically skip a deep draft. This team needs to get younger. They need to build through the draft. If you're bored, check out the articles regarding winners and losers in free agency. Last year, Kansas City was considered a loser. The year before, New England was considered a loser. Both won the Super Bowl those seasons. We just have different philosophies on what it takes to build a winner. I want Howie to face his demons and finally draft a quality receiver that Wentz can grow old with. If he fails again, I may have to reconsider. I just don't think now is the time for him to get cold feet. For the record, we don't even know if Hopkins had any say where he ended up.
                          Cap hit spreads over time

Comment

Valid points for sure especially the Hopkins trade but here is my fear!

My faith in Howie drafting is the issue. Plus Hopkins is only 27 and is one of the best in the league and a guarantee. No guarantee that you draft one off the top WR and they are legit!

2nd, no guarantee Howie drafts a WR. I mean he should, we all believe he should, the media believes he should but usually he does something we scratch our heads to.

Woukd it really shock anyone if he drafts a lineman and not a WR or CB?

Seems the best players we have, except for a handful have been drafted by other teams so not sure what makes us think Howie magically turns into a draft guru!

Who do we have, Carson, Lane, Ertz Kelce, Cox, Sanders (need to see more than 1 year but looking great) and some other good/maybe great players who have had decent careers ie Graham.

​​​Peters, Brooks, Jeffery, Ajayi, Howard, Malik, Hargrave, Jenkins, Darby (sucks but for the point) McLeod, Blount, Torrey Smith, Bradham, Bennett, Jernigen, Boston Scott - all these guys drafted by other teams and either traded for or signed by Howie.

He might as well let someone else draft and sign their picks. (joking but the faith in his picks has been awful especially at the WR position in the past 10 years or so) just awful!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Valid points for sure especially the Hopkins trade but here is my fear!

My faith in Howie drafting is the issue. Plus Hopkins is only 27 and is one of the best in the league and a guarantee. No guarantee that you draft one off the top WR and they are legit!

2nd, no guarantee Howie drafts a WR. I mean he should, we all believe he should, the media believes he should but usually he does something we scratch our heads to.

Woukd it really shock anyone if he drafts a lineman and not a WR or CB?

Seems the best players we have, except for a handful have been drafted by other teams so not sure what makes us think Howie magically turns into a draft guru!

Who do we have, Carson, Lane, Ertz Kelce, Cox, Sanders (need to see more than 1 year but looking great) and some other good/maybe great players who have had decent careers ie Graham.

​​​Peters, Brooks, Jeffery, Ajayi, Howard, Malik, Hargrave, Jenkins, Darby (sucks but for the point) McLeod, Blount, Torrey Smith, Bradham, Bennett, Jernigen, Boston Scott - all these guys drafted by other teams and either traded for or signed by Howie.

He might as well let someone else draft and sign their picks. (joking but the faith in his picks has been awful especially at the WR position in the past 10 years or so) just awful!
                              Hopkins is the best WR in the NFL, but I agree with Snakebitten that the money allocation to WR isn’t the plan.

I also share your concerns about Howie’s drafting acumen. This draft will forever define Howie. He’s got 10 picks. He complained about not have that kind of capital the past two years to move up and down the board. He can do that this year and the draft is so damn deep at WR. There are no guarantees, but enough with his excuses He’s got to get two WR and at least one better be good.

As deep as the draft is at WR, it’s going to take some massive balls to pass on a WR in the first two rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X