Byron Jones is a Dolphin, James Bradberry is a Giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

Hopkins is the best WR in the NFL, but I agree with Snakebitten that the money allocation to WR isn’t the plan.

I also share your concerns about Howie’s drafting acumen. This draft will forever define Howie. He’s got 10 picks. He complained about not have that kind of capital the past two years to move up and down the board. He can do that this year and the draft is so damn deep at WR. There are no guarantees, but enough with his excuses He’s got to get two WR and at least one better be good.

As deep as the draft is at WR, it’s going to take some massive balls to pass on a WR in the first two rounds.

OK let's see him move up for Jeudy or Lamb cause Ruggs looks like Brandon Cooks type and not completely sold on Jefferson.

He goes and gets Jeudy or Lamb then ok or else ya I would have saved the $11 mill at DT and got a top 3 WR to pair with a Wentz for the next 5 years.

​​​

Comment

If we have Howie skip a WR-deep draft because we don't trust he can select the right one, he needs to go or bring in someone who can. We can't just accept his weaknesses and ignore the draft because it's not in his comfort zone. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he let Josh Jacobs go and targeted Miles Sanders in the second. I have to hope he finally gets it right with a wideout this year. If he misses in this deep draft, I'll entertain him targeting a veteran next year (Ex: Mike Evans or Chris Godwin may be available if TB does nothing this year). Regardless, we really can't complain until this thing plays out. Imagine how this team will look over the next decade if he actually hits on a wide receiver this draft? I'm willing to roll the dice. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        If we have Howie skip a WR-deep draft because we don't trust he can select the right one, he needs to go or bring in someone who can. We can't just accept his weaknesses and ignore the draft because it's not in his comfort zone. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he let Josh Jacobs go and targeted Miles Sanders in the second. I have to hope he finally gets it right with a wideout this year. If he misses in this deep draft, I'll entertain him targeting a veteran next year (Ex: Mike Evans or Chris Godwin may be available if TB does nothing this year). Regardless, we really can't complain until this thing plays out. Imagine how this team will look over the next decade if he actually hits on a wide receiver this draft? I'm willing to roll the dice. Fingers crossed.
        I would love to hit in a WR it's something that has eluded this franchise for a long long time. I'm rooting for it for sure, skeptical yes but rooting for it!

Not saying Hop was the end all. For me, Howie has to pull the trigger and move up for Lamb or Jeudy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Not saying Hop was the end all. For me, Howie has to pull the trigger and move up for Lamb or Jeudy.
          who the fuck is “Hop”?

Comment

I'm just hoping this draft class is as deep as everyone says and Howie almost can't miss. I heard this morning on NFL Network that Hopkins was being shopped since February. This is the best offer they got?!?! It's either because the NFL GMs are realizing you can build a dynasty with a Julian Edelman-level wideout (and a quality TE) or that $20M+ for one of the best in the business is too much for that position. I'm pretty sure he's not an issue in the locker room.

I think at the end of the day, they need to fill Alshon's cleats. They don't necessarily need to get a superstar with the TEs this team has. They just need to get a competent receiver with a reasonable price tag. Let's not forget the have to replace Nelson, too. They may need to dumpster dive for that one. We will see.

Comment

LAMB!!
              YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

who the fuck is “Hop”?
                Hopkins lol

Comment

Joe Banner is saying that the cap will be $500 million within five years.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                  X