Time to go get Slay now that Lions Sign Trufant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to go get Slay now that Lions Sign Trufant

Price should come down and we need a real corner. Enough playing around go get someone legit and pay the fucker!!

29 or not he is a top 10 corner!

Lose a 2nd for a 29 yo who’s going to cost almost twice as much as Trufant. Sounds like something Howie would do.

Comment

https://twitter.com/_bigplayslay23/s...40409328881664

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        Lose a 2nd for a 29 yo who’s going to cost almost twice as much as Trufant. Sounds like something Howie would do.
        Doubt it's going to be a 2nd. A 3rd maybe but no one is giving a 2nd. 3rd and 6th and ya you have to pay for talent it's the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Doubt it's going to be a 2nd. A 3rd maybe but no one is giving a 2nd. 3rd and 6th and ya you have to pay for talent it's the NFL.
          And you offset those contracts by hitting on the picks you have, not giving them away. There were better options than trading for Slay.

Comment

And you offset those contracts by hitting on the picks you have, not giving them away. There were better options than trading for Slay.
            Again, I agree with you here in general. Just wondering the last time Howie hit on a WR, LB or CB in the draft?

The worry is he hits on shit as usual bc he is smarter than everyone.

​​​​My confidence level in Howie drafting is way low vs him making trades and working the cap.

Comment

Fucking EH exactly who I wanted from the beginning was Slay and they are working on the trade with a 3 year extension mm finally!!!!

Comment

agree. panic move. Detroit lost leverage when they signed Trufont so why give up a 3 and 5? It's a ton of guaranteed money for a guy who most likely has already played his best football.

Slay should be an improvement over what we had. But, everybody thought that Bbambi & Maxwell were saviors as well.
                I'm generally opposed to giving away draft picks but then I remember who would be making the selections and I feel a little better about it.

also, eagles only have 2 picks in the top 100 now in the draft. giving away that 3 probably eliminates any shot of moving up for a WR that they desperately need.
                Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-19-2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

agree. panic move. Detroit lost leverage when they signed Trufont so why give up a 3 and 5? It's a ton of guaranteed money for a guy who most likely has already played his best football.

Slay should be an improvement over what we had. But, everybody thought that Bbambi & Maxwell were saviors as well.
                  I'm generally opposed to giving away draft picks but then I remember who would be making the selections and I feel a little better about it.

also, eagles only have 2 picks in the top 100 now in the draft. giving away that 3 probably eliminates any shot of moving up for a WR that they desperately need.
                  I'm glad it wasn't a 2... and I like the structure of the deal. Slay should be the best CB we've had since Asante for pretty much the life of that contract.

My preference was Jones, Cowboy mojo be damned. But it's hard to compete with Star Island, beaches, and $80M in cap space. Slay was as good a player as we were going to get, so ultimately, I'm happy we got him.

Comment

if he's what he has been he's a huge improvement. likely will be for at least 1 year.

we've been burned badly giving other team's corners big deals more often than not.

Comment

This guy had given up 2 plays over 50 yards in 6000 snaps and they were both in his rookie year!! He has given up only 4 games of 100 yards in his entire career! You get what you pay for.

He is a great player. Pure and simple.

Comment

Byron Maxwell was a risk. Even at the time Chip signed him, we didn't know if he was really a good CB, or a product of a loaded backfield on a loaded defense.

Nnamdi was bad, mostly because he had his mind on other things. He was kind of done with being a football player, and checked out as soon as he broke the bank.

At least we know Slay is an actual baller, and was clearly the best player in that defensive backfield. I'm pretty confident he's going to be a closer comp to Asante than Nnamdi when it's all said and done.

Comment

Byron Maxwell was a risk. Even at the time Chip signed him, we didn't know if he was really a good CB, or a product of a loaded backfield on a loaded defense.

Nnamdi was bad, mostly because he had his mind on other things. He was kind of done with being a football player, and checked out as soon as he broke the bank.

At least we know Slay is an actual baller, and was clearly the best player in that defensive backfield. I'm pretty confident he's going to be a closer comp to Asante than Nnamdi when it's all said and done.
                          Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                            This guy had given up 2 plays over 50 yards in 6000 snaps and they were both in his rookie year!! He has given up only 4 games of 100 yards in his entire career! You get what you pay for.

He is a great player. Pure and simple.
                            THIS

he is top ten, if not top five and won't have trouble staying there. Top CBs get PAID and we got a good one.

These two signings have made the D much better.
                            YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Working...
                            X