Fucking EH, Slay to Philly!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
    I'm would have preferred a Chris Harris (2 yrs/$20M) and them having the ability to move up if necessary. If SF's #13 could be had for a first, 2 threes, and a player (maybe), I would have been ok with that. Now, Howie may be gun shy. Of course, this is a lot of 'what ifs' but I don't think it's not doable. I'll let it play out but I'm not sure I like this option. Slay was good but there's no denying he's a declining asset. Hope I'm wrong.
    He has the MOST pass break ups in the league over the last 3 years. This is a good trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post

He has the MOST pass break ups in the league over the last 3 years. This is a good trade.
      The NFL is very different than other sports. Their primes tend to be less. The Eagles are paying a player approaching 30 for his past achievements. It's very likely he's played his best football. I am hoping that Detroit was part of the problem and maybe his prime is skewed. If this was any other sport, I wouldn't have as much concern but it's 'NFL: Not For Long' for a reason. I will be ok with this if the team drafts that #1 WR it desperately needs. They just lost a couple draft pick so it just became harder. We will see.

Comment

I like this signing a lot. Slay has been on my short list of favorite non-Iggles for several years.

Comment

He is nowhere past his prime. He had 2-3 good years left and that's what his contract is for.

This guy is legit go look as his stats they fly off the page. 4 100+ yard games allowed in his entire career!! 2 50+ yards receptions allowed in over 6000 snaps and all those ints and PBU's. This was legit if he stays healthy and is used properly which he should as Schwartz likes man and that's what Slay does.

​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
          ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X