Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spit balling here

besides the obvious (trading within the division almost never happens):

andre dillard for trent williams straight up.

who says no?

Between Johnson, Brooks, and Kelce, they already have a lot of cap space tied up in the line. Williams will cost more than any of them. I prefer to keep any young player that can contribute and not cost the team an extra $20M against the cap. It all comes down to them thinking if Dillard can get the job done or not. I can't give up on him after one year playing one of the most difficult positions in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
      Between Johnson, Brooks, and Kelce, they already have a lot of cap space tied up in the line. Williams will cost more than any of them. I prefer to keep any young player that can contribute and not cost the team an extra $20M against the cap. It all comes down to them thinking if Dillard can get the job done or not. I can't give up on him after one year playing one of the most difficult positions in the NFL.
      QB & OL are the areas you want to invest the most money in.

I'd give dillard away for 4-5 years of a guaranteed franchise OLT to protect Wentz's blindside.

dream team is almost 25m under the cap right now. Howie always been very good at working the #'s. Alshon's hit needs to be figured out if he's moving on.
      https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-24-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I agree but I'm not sure Dillard isn't the answer after one year. He may be a bust but this is where I have to trust the organization to make that call. If they made this trade, I really can't complain because they obviously see something I don't. It's really the hardest position to evaluate. We can tell when the skill positions either have or they don't. Evaluating tackles is tougher in my opinion. I feel the same way about Barnett and Ngakoue. Like I mentioned before, I just don't want them to do to these young lineman what the Bills did to Peters.

This team still needs to find a couple of wideouts. I'm starting to think they may feel keeping Alshon is better than signing a second level receiver.

Comment

Working...
        X