Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Eagles answer to fix the WR problem is..... Drumroll

Nothing.. Brilliant!!

Can't wait for them to miss in the guy they want in the draft, panic and draft a jagoff.

Let's see if they are working a trade or something bc this doesn't look too good. Haven't addressed the position at all lol

Well they were app. 43.9M under the cap. They’ve spent at least 36M with everyone they signed in FA including a new contract for Slay. They’ll need at least 6M for the draft.

Anderson got a 20M deal including 12M the first year.
    Perriman just got 8M with 6M of that guaranteed. For his career, he’s worse than Agholor.
    The only other reciever that got paid was Cooper at 20M per year.

If they were like Miami—$65M under the cap they probably would have signed Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
      Well they were app. 43.9M under the cap. They’ve spent at least 36M with everyone they signed in FA including a new contract for Slay. They’ll need at least 6M for the draft.

Anderson got a 20M deal including 12M the first year.
      Perriman just got 8M with 6M of that guaranteed. For his career, he’s worse than Agholor.
      The only other reciever that got paid was Cooper at 20M per year.

If they were like Miami—$65M under the cap they probably would have signed Anderson.
      Slay is a $10M cap hit. Hargrave is $5M. They have $25M in cap space.

They're after Yannick. They'll draft offense next month.

Comment

It's all about getting receivers who will not conflict with Carson. That's the plan. It must be Carson's team. The Athletic guys say they got rid of Jenkins because he overshadowed Carson in the locker room.

Dont know if true but that's what they are reporting. WR signings seem to confirm. They don't want anyone who wont go to Bumfuck in the off-season to practice and pray with Wentz.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I'm not sure if these numbers are right. They are paying Slay ($10.5M) and Hargrave ($3.45M) this season. This shows $26.4M salary cap remaining. I know Howie prefers to extend contracts and carry over space the following year.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

Comment

I don’t know why, but I feel like he’s got a plan. I’m gonna hold off the anger for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              It's all about getting receivers who will not conflict with Carson. That's the plan. It must be Carson's team. The Athletic guys say they got rid of Jenkins because he overshadowed Carson in the locker room.

Dont know if true but that's what they are reporting. WR signings seem to confirm. They don't want anyone who wont go to Bumfuck in the off-season to practice and pray with Wentz.
              I’ve quietly thought that Wentz’s association with religion irked some of the Eagles fan detractors on this board. It’s gets under their craw.

I think I’m right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                I don’t know why, but I feel like he’s got a plan. I’m gonna hold off the anger for now.
                I agree. I would be shocked if he only added through the draft. Too risky after last season.

Comment

Nick Foles was more religious than Carson.

And when have you ever been quiet?
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I think he pulls off some type of trade. No way he goes into the season after throwing all the money and draft capital at the defensive position not to address the WR position and go with Djax Ward a few jagoffs and possibly a 1sy round rook.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      Nick Foles was more religious than Carson.

And when have you ever been quiet?
                      I was speechless when Bullwinkle told the story of him waking up with his pants around his ankle and his wallet missing the night a white Camaro was creeping up on him.

... well you may have a point.

Comment

Actually, Howie managed to rework Slay's contract to a $4.3M cap hit this season. This gives them $30.8M under the cap. I have a feeling something is brewing...

https://overthecap.com/player/darius-slay/2358/

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          Actually, Howie managed to rework Slay's contract to a $4.3M cap hit this season. This gives them $30.8M under the cap. I have a feeling something is brewing...

I thnk they are going to have to keep about $15 million of that in reserve until they make a final decision on Jeffrey.

If they could avoid paying a premium (2020 Round 1 or 2) draft pick, and trade for a young, high-quality DE or WR that will need an extension, that would make the 2020 draft very exciting. They could then go in a whole bunch of positive directions (move up or back).

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

I have a feeling it will be for Yannik to help the pass rush. Fuck it, go after Beckham!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                              Nothing.. Brilliant!!
                              Did I miss the announcement that rosters are now final? It is March - there are still trades, more WRs will hit the streets in the next 6 months, and this is supposed to be a deep WR draft.

I think Mike Wallace is available.

Comment

Working...
                              X