No announcement yet.

This isn't the year to gamble at WR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This isn't the year to gamble at WR...

No "we're smarter than everyone else" reach pick in a later round that doesn't pan out!!

Carson needs weapons now...the window is wide open!

This year you must take a guy that everyone else also thinks is a stud, even if you trade up to get him!

This is not the year to fuck this up...hear me Howie!?

Yeah, but you cant give away the farm for that wr. If its a reasonable deal do it but do not give away pics.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Luckily this year the WR class is so deep, we have a lower chance of grabbing a B,C or J ....Get it Right Howie!
      Last edited by Cheesesteak; 04-07-2020, 12:27 PM.
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

It all comes down to what they think of the Top 3.

They can try and get Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs.
        OR
        They can try and get two of either Jefferson, Higgins, Shenault, Reagor, Aiyuk, Mims, and Hamler.

I think there's a good chance not all 10 of these WRs come off the board before Pick 53. Why not try and walk away with two wideouts?

I think the problem is going to be is if Howie gets cute and thinks he can find his wideout in the second round and goes elsewhere with the first pick. He just doesn't have the pedigree to identify talent at this position. He needs to either move up or double down.
        Last edited by Snakebitten; 04-07-2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          It all comes down to what they think of the Top 3.

They can try and get Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs.
          OR
          They can try and get two of either Jefferson, Higgins, Shenault, Reagor, Aiyuk, Mims, and Hamler.

I think there's a good chance not all 10 of these WRs come off the board before Pick 53. Why not try and walk away with two wideouts?

I think the problem is going to be is if Howie gets cute and thinks he can find his wideout in the second round and goes elsewhere with the first pick. He just doesn't have the pedigree to identify talent at this position. He needs to either move up or double down.
          If they went Jefferson at 21, I could go for Hamler at 53. Would instant upgrade return game and can spend time learning how to be a receiver behind Jackson.
          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Brandon Aiyuk had core muscle surgery today. Howie is salivating.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post

If they went Jefferson at 21, I could go for Hamler at 53. Would instant upgrade return game and can spend time learning how to be a receiver behind Jackson.
              $20 says Dallas takes Hamler in the 2nd and moves up to get him!

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post

If ESP was the GM, they would take Hamler at 21 regardless. That dude drives me crazy.

It will be interesting to see what happens if they hold tight and Jefferson gets snagged before 21. Hopefully Howie's Microsoft Teams connection doesn't fritz out.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

They can stand pat and get an excellent pick at 21. At least 2, maybe 3 WRs will be drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

If ESP was the GM, they would take Hamler at 21 regardless. That dude drives me crazy.

It will be interesting to see what happens if they hold tight and Jefferson gets snagged before 21. Hopefully Howie's Microsoft Teams connection doesn't fritz out.

Would you be surprised if the "top 4" go off the board like in 2014, Howie panics, and takes the 2020 version of Marcus Smith?
                    (It made me sick to even type that. I'll never forget where I was and the feeling in the pit of my stomach when the pick was announced.)

That draft proved to be absolutely fucking LOADED at WR. Jordan Matthews in the 2nd. DeVante Adams and Jarvis Landry both went later in the 2nd. Oyyyy
                    Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-07-2020, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
                      No "we're smarter than everyone else" reach pick in a later round that doesn't pan out!!

Carson needs weapons now...the window is wide open!

This year you must take a guy that everyone else also thinks is a stud, even if you trade up to get him!

This is not the year to fuck this up...hear me Howie!?
                      They can sit at 21 and pick a bonafide prospect even if it’s considered a small reach. I can think of 3-4 players that I would reach for when looking at the experts selections.

I’ll be interested to see if they feel top tier players are so much better than the field that they want to move up though.

I like many WRs in this draft, but I’m afraid Howie will disappoint me like last years WR selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Would you be surprised if the "top 4" go off the board like in 2014, Howie panics, and takes the 2020 version of Marcus Smith?
                        (It made me sick to even type that. I'll never forget where I was and the feeling in the pit of my stomach when the pick was announced.)

That draft proved to be absolutely fucking LOADED at WR. Jordan Matthews in the 2nd. DeVante Adams and Jarvis Landry both went later in the 2nd. Oyyyy
                        Wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't really trust Howie as a talent evaluator when left to his own devices and he literally will not have folks around him (except virtually) during this draft. Admittedly, I don't follow this like I used to. Jefferson strikes me as a very safe pick. I have no idea about those 4 or 5 second tier WR's. Chances are one or two of them will turn out to be very good. I just don't trust Howie if that's the crop he is left with at 21. He either has to reach and hopefully get the right guy or wait until the second round. Maybe in that case you take two of them with your first two picks. Maybe you go WR/WR even if Jefferson is there at 21. It's definitely a position of great need in terms of building the team for the long term. I would be happy with Jefferson and another WR in the first two rounds.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't really trust Howie as a talent evaluator when left to his own devices and he literally will not have folks around him (except virtually) during this draft. Admittedly, I don't follow this like I used to. Jefferson strikes me as a very safe pick. I have no idea about those 4 or 5 second tier WR's. Chances are one or two of them will turn out to be very good. I just don't trust Howie if that's the crop he is left with at 21. He either has to reach and hopefully get the right guy or wait until the second round. Maybe in that case you take two of them with your first two picks. Maybe you go WR/WR even if Jefferson is there at 21. It's definitely a position of great need in terms of building the team for the long term. I would be happy with Jefferson and another WR in the first two rounds.

Comment

Remember when the Eagles picked Freddie Mitchell in the first round, then Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, Chris Chambers and Steve Smith were drafted! GOOD TIMES.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

Remember when the Eagles picked Freddie Mitchell in the first round, then Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, Chris Chambers and Steve Smith were drafted! GOOD TIMES.
                              i love filtering the draft history by position. it's comical how fucking terrible this organization has been at picking WR's and CB's early.
                              If you tried to draft busts every time based on 'BPA tiers' I don't think you could be this consistent.

since 2003, the 2 best corners taken were both 7th rounders. One was cut before getting a shot here and is thriving in Buffalo (Poyer) and the other is expected to replace Malcolm Jenkins at Safety in 2020. Good times!

Comment

Working...
                              X