Gil Brandt’s Top 150 prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil Brandt’s Top 150 prospects

If NFL boards are similar it makes one think dream team can wait to get a WR in 2nd and 3rd round and take Chaisson or BPA at 21.

Sims is 49.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mpression=true

Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-13-2020, 09:54 PM.

Man I keep reading so many different thoughts on 21, that the top 4 will be gone by our pick. I would love to see Howie pick Murray and make this one nasty defense, and if Sims falls to the 2nd like he very well could, move up and get him. That would be a successful first two picks.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      If NFL boards are similar it makes one think dream team can wait to get a WR in 2nd and 3rd round and take Chaisson or BPA at 21.

Sims is 49.

I'd still take Jefferson at 21 if he is there. Seems like a fairly sure thing to be a good NFL receiver. If he is not there, I would do whatever is needed to get Mims in the second. Sounds like Reagor has a bit of the dropsies. That scares me. We've had enough of that over the last few years.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I'd still take Jefferson at 21 if he is there. Seems like a fairly sure thing to be a good NFL receiver. If he is not there, I would do whatever is needed to get Mims in the second. Sounds like Reagor has a bit of the dropsies. That scares me. We've had enough of that over the last few years.
        kind of have a feeling that Jefferson's stock is rising and the top 4 WR's will be off the board. I could see Ruiz from Michigan or Cushenberry from LSU being in play as Kelce's replacement, maybe in a little trade back for another pick or 2 scenario. if this draft is that deep at WR some will fall. if you can move back 5-6 spots, still grab one of those C's, and a 2 or 3 to use for a WR that's doing pretty well.

for all we know, Kelce may have played his last game (especially if there's no season this year, which i think is a definite possibility), Kelce probably hangs it up before 2021. don't get cute because good OL are worth paying for. Just get the guy you need. Ruiz seems to be quicker and able to get to 2nd level better than Cush so likely a better fit in our style of offense.

Ruiz in late 1st, WR Pittman or Hamler if Pittman is gone at 53, maybe snag Bryan Edwards (coming off injury! howLo special!!) or best CB/LB on the board at 103 definitely works well for me.

You can't go wrong drafting OL and DL early (if you do it right).
        Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-14-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Personally, if the best WR we come away with is Hamler or Pittman I'd be pretty disappointed. This team is going to go as far as Wentz takes them. Can't make the same mistake we made with McNabb all those year. I do think the WR's right now (assuming DJax and Alshon are healthy) are better than we are making them out to be, but we need to look to the future.

"Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Howie can draft a lineman in the first round every year once he fixes the huge void(s) at wide receiver. This year is supposed to be a very deep draft at the position they need to fill with at least two picks. Since Howie can't draft for this position, they need to scrap their previous philosophy and take advantage of this draft. Jeffery and Jackson are unreliable at this point of their careers. I'm not saying they need to scrap their philosophy every year, just this year. They need to find that future #1 wideout now. That means they need to overdraft to ensure better odds. It's really that simple. If Howie drafts a Center in the first round in this draft, he's doing himself no favors.

Comment

you can say this about anyone but Pittman could easily be better than some of these guys they're saying are lock first rounders ahead of him. Health is my biggest worry with him, which is admittedly a legit issue.
              He'd be a huge target for Wentz. I love Jefferson and would be more than happy with him at 21 but if he is seriously "only gonna be a slot WR" in NFL, I'd pass on him at 21 for a bigger need. Maybe trade back to take somebody else, or grab BPA at 21 and wait for WR's to fall in the draft and steal one.

You know we're gonna look back in a couple years saying 'how did so and so go so late?'. Happens year after year after year at the skill positions.

If you wanna help Wentz, give him legit outside weapons as a starting point next week.

Also really like Bobby Aiyuk. Liking 2 Pac 12 guys is probably ridiculously bad karma after our recent history. agholar will always have 2017!

Not a lot of D1 experience for Aiyuk outside of this past season and most of his production came in the last 4-5 games but. wow man. he's explosive and looks strong. And he also looks like a legit outside guy, not a 3. He had to go JUCO out of HS so no clue if he's worth a 1st round pick (he had bad grades and couldn't go D1. don't know the back story but that's never ideal) but watching his highlights he is a legit HR threat when he gets the ball. His arms are long as hell. Just looked that up, 80 inch wingspan. believe that's the longest of any WR. Jay Bilas loves that kind of length! He's a good return man as well.

I'd be fine taking Higgins in the first round as well. You know what he's capable of and he did it vs the best of the best for 2 years on the biggest of stages. He's tough. I like tough kids from good programs who played in big games.

Don't love Reagor. At 53, maybe, but not in the 1st.

And something about Mims I just don't like. Looks kinda slight. I prefer our #1 WR to be bigger and more physical/tough yardage dudes who 'only' run a 4.55 on their pro day but also play at that speed when guys are trying to kill them.

I'll take our deep ball burners a little smaller who play with a big chip on their shoulder. that's a great 1-2 with Greg Ward in the slot as the 3 heading into camp (in 2021 probably so this shit doesn't matter).

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                Personally, if the best WR we come away with is Hamler or Pittman I'd be pretty disappointed. This team is going to go as far as Wentz takes them. Can't make the same mistake we made with McNabb all those year. I do think the WR's right now (assuming DJax and Alshon are healthy) are better than we are making them out to be, but we need to look to the future.
                Kiper just posted his 'final big board' on ESPN.

FWIW here is where he has some of these dudes. So much for Aiyuk and Pittman I guess...

16. Justin Jefferson
                18. Kenneth Murray
                20. Henry Ruggs
                23. Brandon Aiyuk
                26. Cesar Ruiz
                28. Michael Pittman, Jr.
                30. Tee Higgins
                39. Denzel Mims
                41. Jalen Reagor

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Sims is 49.

Mims, Reagor, KJ Hamler will all be there is round 2

Comment

Working...
                  X