Jesus Christ Almighty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Christ Almighty

This comes as no surprise at all. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

No wonder they fuck up the draft every year under Roseman.

Pathetic.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagl...-20200421.html

Same as all the other teams in the league

Comment

Yeah I’m sure John Schneider, Ozzie Newsome, Ted Thompson, & Gruden/Mayock allow that to happen on their watch last year.

You fucking muppet.
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-22-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        Yeah I’m sure John Schneider, Ozzie Newsome, Ted Thompson, & Gruden/Mayock allow that to happen on their watch last year.

You fucking muppet.
        Those guys all know football players better than Roseman. The only glimmer of hope in that article is that Weidl sounds reasonable.

That Pumphrey story is brutal.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Those guys all know football players better than Roseman. The only glimmer of hope in that article is that Weidl sounds reasonable.

That Pumphrey story is brutal.
          did one line of that article surprise you in the least?

what good is it if Weidl sounds reasonable if Roseman is just gonna fuck it up with the draft card? That's disfunction 101. why does Lurie allow this organization to operate in such a manner? any idiot can go to nfl.com and see team by team pick history. the eagles draft history is sub par AT BEST while Roseman has had authority.

McLane is doing some very good work as of late. So is of course the GREAT LES BOWEN!
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-22-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

This story confirms what we knew about Pumphrey.

I know this has been covered in another thread here, but lumping Dillard in with Pumphrey, JJAW, and Sidney Jones seems waaay premature. IMO the 2019 draft has the potential to be a very good one.

Comment

I would think the uniqueness of this year’s draft will lend itself to all kinds of miscommunication and screwups across the league.

Should make for some interesting tele and stories whenever we play again......I would keep your expectations low and hope for happy accidents...lol
              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                This story confirms what we knew about Pumphrey.

I know this has been covered in another thread here, but lumping Dillard in with Pumphrey, JJAW, and Sidney Jones seems waaay premature. IMO the 2019 draft has the potential to be a very good one.
                Dillard let up more pressures per snap than any other OT in the league last year

It may change, but I can see lumping him in
                Last edited by Drama Queen; 04-22-2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                  I would think the uniqueness of this year’s draft will lend itself to all kinds of miscommunication and screwups across the league.

Should make for some interesting tele and stories whenever we play again......I would keep your expectations low and hope for happy accidents...lol
                  have been thinking about the built in excuses for 2020 if (when) a team fucks their draft up. Blame everything but their own incompetence.
                  Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-22-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

this is why I've been saying I'd rather trade our picks for proven players as I have zero confidence they will get this right in the draft, they rarely do. With all the WR's available, is there anyone here that doesn't believe we end up with the least productive lol

Even with their weird draft board grading they still don't go with their board and take the unpopular pick, geez.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

Dillard let up more pressures per snap than any other OT in the league last year

It may change, but I can see lumping him in
                      Isn't that skewed by the Seattle game that he started at RT?

I don't claim to have watched film, but: "In the last two games facing talented defensive fronts from the Bills and Bears, Dillard had the seventh-best pass-blocking grade among all tackles, per PFF, even ahead of Pro Bowl right tackle Lane Johnson."

Each are small sample sizes, but it seems like he played well excluding the games when he was thrown into the fire. I don't really blame him for playing poorly in those situations.
                      Last edited by art vandelay; 04-22-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

I think there will be a better chance of a happy accident. When everyone else is in the midst of chaos, random shots in the dark might bring improved odds for us.

Comment

Exactly chaos can be the great equalizer and may offset Howie's draft board
                          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I thought Dillard played well for a rookie outside of that right tackle game. Lane Johnson started off just as slow and was suspended twice over the next few years after that. I'm not ready to lump him into the rest of those turds.

As far as trading picks for known commodities, they still need to manage a cap (which they are way over next year). This team needs to live or die in the draft because teams win through the draft. That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              I thought Dillard played well for a rookie outside of that right tackle game. Lane Johnson started off just as slow and was suspended twice over the next few years after that. I'm not ready to lump him into the rest of those turds.

As far as trading picks for known commodities, they still need to manage a cap (which they are way over next year). This team needs to live or die in the draft because teams win through the draft. That's a fact.
                              OT seems like the 1 position the Eagles get it right more often than not. Thomas, Runyon,Peters, Johnson....it’s been a good run IMO and I don’t see anything so far that makes me think disaster pick.

Overall both lines have pretty much been our strengths over the years, crap coaches, game plans, and leadership decisions are up & down but the one constant has been the lines more of less.
                              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                              X