Eagles reportedly interested in Trent Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles reportedly interested in Trent Williams

Per the Washington Post. That’s interesting. But I can’t see them giving up more than a 4th this year and a 3rd next year. He’s only got 1 year left on his contract, and if they can’t come to an agreement with him on a new deal I can’t see them giving up much.

I'd offer them a 2 and Dillard but that won't get it done. somebody will offer something close to that and why would WAS want to trade him to a division rival? Doubt it's feasible.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-23-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      I'd offer them a 2 and Dillard but that won't get it done. somebody will offer something close to that and why would WAS want to trade him to a division rival? Doubt it's feasible.
      Why so quick to give up your top pick who has his entire career in front of him, as well as a potential decent WR that the 2 may represent, for an old guy who just sat out a year?
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Yeah trading for him makes no sense at all, why waste a #1 pick for aging and questionable injury history player. Plus the compensation can miss us another B,C,or J and we cant have that.
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Source: “Zero truth” to Eagles interest in Trent Williams

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rent-williams/

I'm not saying Howie didn't kick the tires but I really don't think the interest is there. I'm not sure they can afford to spend that much money on a tackle at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
            Source: “Zero truth” to Eagles interest in Trent Williams

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rent-williams/

I'm not saying Howie didn't kick the tires but I really don't think the interest is there. I'm not sure they can afford to spend that much money on a tackle at this time.
            I'm pretty sure that this latest "report" is the foreskins and/or the agent trying to drum up interest in Williams. Any interest from the Eagles probably took place around the time they were feeling out the Peters situation.

And I still don't know where the Dillard hate comes from. The guy can play. The question is: does he have a ceiling that approaches Peters' floor? And let's be honest...Stoutland can coach the shit out of these guys.
            Last edited by Pete; 04-23-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
              Per the Washington Post. That’s interesting. But I can’t see them giving up more than a 4th this year and a 3rd next year. He’s only got 1 year left on his contract, and if they can’t come to an agreement with him on a new deal I can’t see them giving up much.
              First off if you trade for him you might as well trade Dillard, because you just ruin this kid by not giving him a chance and making him feel like he is no good. He had a bad time at RIGHT TACKLE, he is a left tackle and according to guys who played those positions it's like trying to write left handed when you are right handed. Stay away from Williams unless he is coming SUPER CHEAP like a 4th rounder. Redskins have to get rid of him no matter what, so why offer anything of value.

Comment

Working...
              X