4.47 40 yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

Yes, in college he ran away from people. In the pros, who knows? But look at the tape and tell me that he doesn't look small.
    Runs away from guys playing 10 yards off. And for the people comparing him to Agholor, nah. This guy makes some contested catches Agholor has never made. Agholor's USC tape was mostly just good route running and decent speed against bad defenders. Reagor actually has film where he's jumping over taller guys and plucking the ball out of their hands, despite being 5'11.

And for the people blowing Lamb, he's an inferior athlete and Oklahoma seemed to do everything they could to get him off the LOS at the snap. They would either line him up inside on crossers, bubble screens, end arounds, etc. Just so many gimmicks to avoid press coverage that it makes me think he can't beat it. He's good with the ball in his hands, but not amazing.
    Last edited by Melchior; 04-24-2020, 04:39 AM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
      and undersized. Nice.
      He ran a 4.22 at his pro-day. Added some weight before the combine and it dropped his numbers. Going into it Ruggs himself thought it was going to be close between his 40 and Reagor’s. His on-field speed was clocked at higher than anyone in even the NFL last year. Guy can fly as well as high point the ball. Elite vertical and broad jump numbers.

Removed from the pain of seeing Lamb go to Dallas it’s an A for me. Jefferson was not a fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

Runs away from guys playing 10 yards off. And for the people comparing him to Agholor, nah. This guy makes some contested catches Agholor has never made. Agholor's USC tape was mostly just good route running and decent speed against bad defenders. Reagor actually has film where he's jumping over taller guys and plucking the ball out of their hands, despite being 5'11.

And for the people blowing Lamb, he's an inferior athlete and Oklahoma seemed to do everything they could to get him off the LOS at the snap. They would either line him up inside on crossers, bubble screens, end arounds, etc. Just so many gimmicks to avoid press coverage that it makes me think he can't beat it. He's good with the ball in his hands, but not amazing.
        I didn’t see anything in Lambs film that was special and about him. Overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

Yeah, Reagor actually looks like he can adjust to the ball while it's in the air and make plays. I see no comparisons to Nelson "Run next to the ball and let it land two feet away" Agholor.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
            I remember folks on here bitching about Desean's size when we drafted him....
            DeSean lasted until the second round (after Klob!) and he’s only the leading active receiver in career yards per reception. I’m willing to be open minded here.
            Last edited by RSE; 04-24-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I would have been ok with Reagor in the second round. Like DJax, you don't draft a #2 wideout in the first round. As a result, I expect Howie will have to explore this position next year in free agency or a trade. It's a shame they're wasting Wentz's prime years while Howie tries to figure out how to get him receivers. It's not like we haven't been down this road before.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                I would have been ok with Reagor in the second round. Like DJax, you don't draft a #2 wideout in the first round. As a result, I expect Howie will have to explore this position next year in free agency or a trade. It's a shame they're wasting Wentz's prime years while Howie tries to figure out how to get him receivers. It's not like we haven't been down this road before.
                If Reagor was their top remaining WR on their board in terms of fit and skill set, you take him. Draft "value" is an overrated concept based on fan expectations of where certain guys should be drafted according to a consensus of mock drafts. Sometimes those expectations line up, especially at the top of the draft. Once you get about halfway through the first round, those mocks are always blown to hell. We don't know what teams are thinking because teams go to great lengths to keep us from knowing what they're thinking. In a draft where six WR's went in the first round, and the speed guy was the first one off the board, there's no reason to assume Reagor was going to be there in the 2nd.

Looking back at 2008, the concept of positional value is what led them to risk losing Desean Jackson to take JAG rotational DT (Travor Laws). There's no way in retrospect he's not a top 10-15 player in that draft.

Comment

That's where I disagree. I still only see DeSean Jackson as a #2. I would have never have drafted him in the first round. Sure, the draft that year was weak in regards to receiver but this type of receiver doesn't warrant a first round pick. I would go possession (and maybe slot receiver) in the first but not the deep threat guy. While you always need someone to stretch the field, I just don't think they're as valuable as the others.

Comment

Working...
                  X