Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are the laughing stock of the league.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are the laughing stock of the league.

What a complete failure of a draft so far.

WR Rd1 that has a 15% drop rate nearly and is a midget who is nothing more than a glorified punt returner.

QB Rd 2.... Jalen Hurts you are fucking kidding me and why did we spend a 2nd round pick on him when we just gave Wentz 116 million ?? For a few trick plays?? lol and what the hell is Howie thinking.

LB Rd3. No name small school speedster that lacks awareness and was responsible for a heap of busted coverages at CU who is undersized and will have no real position in the NFL who was widely regarded as a project type player in the 150 - 200 selection range.

It just leaves the 1 question as to why the hell are we so stupid and not 1 fan i know likes what we have done even though the media are trying to repair the damage which is nothing short of applying a band aid over a bullet wound right now.

We are just a disgrace.

Laughing stock is correct. I had people coming out of the woodworks to shit on that pick. Even worse the Cowboys seems to having studs fall into their lap.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
      Laughing stock is correct. I had people coming out of the woodworks to shit on that pick. Even worse the Cowboys seems to having studs fall into their lap.
      What's worse is the cowboys have been drafting pretty good now for quite a few years they just have had shit coaches that haven't known how to put the talent together to win. Like running Zeke 11 times a game.

Comment

Fuck the Cowboys but in reality they had a stocked roster last year but had an inept coaching panel which helped us and i wish they had kept Garrett.

Now they have McCarthy pulling the strings and bloody Lamb falling into their laps. Not to mention they have recruited Poe / McCoy and Aldon Smith also on defense coupled with Gallimore who could be a steal in the 3rd round as he is a tank with huge speed for his size.

We are just dumb dumd dumb.
        Last edited by GreatYear; 04-25-2020, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatYear View Post
          What a complete failure of a draft so far.

WR Rd1 that has a 15% drop rate nearly and is a midget who is nothing more than a glorified punt returner.

QB Rd 2.... Jalen Hurts you are fucking kidding me and why did we spend a 2nd round pick on him when we just gave Wentz 116 million ?? For a few trick plays?? lol and what the hell is Howie thinking.

LB Rd3. No name small school speedster that lacks awareness and was responsible for a heap of busted coverages at CU who is undersized and will have no real position in the NFL who was widely regarded as a project type player in the 150 - 200 selection range.

It just leaves the 1 question as to why the hell are we so stupid and not 1 fan i know likes what we have done even though the media are trying to repair the damage which is nothing short of applying a band aid over a bullet wound right now.

We are just a disgrace.
          1) Tell me how tall DJax is again? He’s 5’10–funny but I never heard him being referred to as a “midget”. And the guy ran a 4.2 40 on his virtual pro day. Have you seen the guy’s highlights? Whenever a reciever puts up great numbers one year—as he did in his sophomore year—and struggles the next, the first person one should look at is the QB. And here is my point—Jefferson struggled in 2018, but set the world on fire last season. Why? Because of Burrow.

2) At first I was pissed about the Hurts pick myself—but as someone else posted, Reuben Frank postulates this was about Wentz; and although they’ll never admit it, the organization’s growing doubt about whether he can put a full season—including playoffs—together fully healthy. They should have held off on signing him to an extension last year but picked up his 5th year option.

3. Since when is Colorado a “small school”? The guy brings speed to the defense. And what did Roseman say after the season? They want more speed on both sides of the ball.

This is a typical reaction to the draft—the season is supposed to start in September not April.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post

although they’ll never admit it, the organization’s growing doubt about whether he can put a full season, including playoffs, together fully healthy.
            i think they just admitted it, very publicly and very big time.

Comment

Here is Sports Illustrated take on Hurts, can see it but don't agree with it.

Jalen Hurts Is a Pick the Eagles Can Afford

He’ll play behind a star quarterback who has not made it through a season healthy since he was a rookie, in a system that has elevated QBs in the past. This is the kind of investment a smart franchise makes.CONOR ORRUPDATED:APR 24, 2020ORIGINAL:APR 24, 2020
              There are times when a team can outsmart itself by passing on the opportunity to draft for immediate need (cough, Packers). The Eagles’ selection of Jalen Hurts in the second round is not one of those times.

While Philadelphia’s roster is dented by a few glaring weak spots, one cannot forget that backup quarterback may be one of the most essential places on the Eagles’ roster. This is not a criticism of Carson Wentz, who, by no fault of his own, has failed to finish an entire season (including playoffs) since his rookie year. Instead, it’s both an acknowledgement of the recent past, a vote of confidence in their full-time starter and a smart economic maneuver.

Hurts, the former Alabama star who transferred to Oklahoma and threw 32 touchdowns in a brand-new offense, is almost certainly good enough to hold his value through the life of Wentz’s contract should he remain the backup. If he doesn’t play, he could still net the Eagles a decent return, given that he’s a talented player in a good, quarterback-friendly system with a track record of developing (or elevating) passers.

Hurts has also shown throughout his time at Alabama the ability to be a consummate teammate, which will represent a bit of a welcome shift for Wentz, who is used to being backed by experienced veteran quarterbacks tasked with mentoring him. Hurts can be both an able replacement and a valuable addition to the quarterback room that doesn’t represent an imminent threat.

The draft is a mix of micro and macro responsibilities. If anything, the Eagles satisfied the most immediate need with a first-round selection of TCU wide receiver Jalen Reagor and took their second-round pick to make a move that will plug a critical gap on the roster for years to come.

Perhaps it’s not a selection that most teams can afford to make, which is why it seems jarring in the moment. Coaches and general managers who are facing immediate pressure to win would not spend that kind of draft capital on a backup because they’re busy hucking darts at the wall trying to hit on an impact player (of which the chances are middling at best). The Eagles, having won a Super Bowl two years ago, are in a different stage of the long-term building process and can afford to make an investment of sorts. We might not understand the value of that investment until sometime down the road.
              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

The Iggs will groom him for two years, then trade him for a 4th round picking the 2023 draft.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                  Here is Sports Illustrated take on Hurts, can see it but don't agree with it.

Jalen Hurts Is a Pick the Eagles Can Afford

He’ll play behind a star quarterback who has not made it through a season healthy since he was a rookie, in a system that has elevated QBs in the past. This is the kind of investment a smart franchise makes.CONOR ORRUPDATED:APR 24, 2020ORIGINAL:APR 24, 2020
                  There are times when a team can outsmart itself by passing on the opportunity to draft for immediate need (cough, Packers). The Eagles’ selection of Jalen Hurts in the second round is not one of those times.

While Philadelphia’s roster is dented by a few glaring weak spots, one cannot forget that backup quarterback may be one of the most essential places on the Eagles’ roster. This is not a criticism of Carson Wentz, who, by no fault of his own, has failed to finish an entire season (including playoffs) since his rookie year. Instead, it’s both an acknowledgement of the recent past, a vote of confidence in their full-time starter and a smart economic maneuver.

Hurts, the former Alabama star who transferred to Oklahoma and threw 32 touchdowns in a brand-new offense, is almost certainly good enough to hold his value through the life of Wentz’s contract should he remain the backup. If he doesn’t play, he could still net the Eagles a decent return, given that he’s a talented player in a good, quarterback-friendly system with a track record of developing (or elevating) passers.

Hurts has also shown throughout his time at Alabama the ability to be a consummate teammate, which will represent a bit of a welcome shift for Wentz, who is used to being backed by experienced veteran quarterbacks tasked with mentoring him. Hurts can be both an able replacement and a valuable addition to the quarterback room that doesn’t represent an imminent threat.

The draft is a mix of micro and macro responsibilities. If anything, the Eagles satisfied the most immediate need with a first-round selection of TCU wide receiver Jalen Reagor and took their second-round pick to make a move that will plug a critical gap on the roster for years to come.

Perhaps it’s not a selection that most teams can afford to make, which is why it seems jarring in the moment. Coaches and general managers who are facing immediate pressure to win would not spend that kind of draft capital on a backup because they’re busy hucking darts at the wall trying to hit on an impact player (of which the chances are middling at best). The Eagles, having won a Super Bowl two years ago, are in a different stage of the long-term building process and can afford to make an investment of sorts. We might not understand the value of that investment until sometime down the road.
                  How is this a vote of confidence in the starter?

You cannot make that statement, when it flies in the face of the obvious controversy it will generate in a city like Philadelphia as soon as Wentz has a bad stretch of games, without an explanation as to how he arrived at this conclusion.

Nor has he explained how Hurts is such a great team mate after he left the school where he sat on the bench and was a tip top backup (who might very well have given Alabama another title last year) so he could be a starter elsewhere.
                  Last edited by slag; 04-25-2020, 09:10 AM.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I have no idea how anyone can defend this draft. Some reported that this was one of the deepest draft in years. They thought at least 20 players available in the second round would be first rounders any other year. Howie ignored the holes this team has and overdrafted every fucking player. The goal was supposed to help Wentz. They needed to draft at least two wideouts in a draft that everyone knew was deep at the position. Nope. Howie, who can't identify wide receiving talent, is going to wait until they can find the next Marvin fucking McNutt. How can you ignore the consensus and once again think you're smarter than everyone else? No other team went against the grain more than Howie. What worse is that good draft could have made them contenders. Now every team in the division got better. They missed a huge opportunity to take this team to the next level and instead they gave the decision to Dallas. Great job, Howie you cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      I have no idea how anyone can defend this draft. Some reported that this was one of the deepest draft in years. They thought at least 20 players available in the second round would be first rounders any other year. Howie ignored the holes this team has and overdrafted every fucking player. The goal was supposed to help Wentz. They needed to draft at least two wideouts in a draft that everyone knew was deep at the position. Nope. Howie, who can't identify wide receiving talent, is going to wait until they can find the next Marvin fucking McNutt. How can you ignore the consensus and once again think you're smarter than everyone else? No other team went against the grain more than Howie. What worse is that good draft could have made them contenders. Now every team in the division got better. They missed a huge opportunity to take this team to the next level and instead they gave the decision to Dallas. Great job, Howie you cunt.
                      This
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Tell me one time Howie overdrafted a player and it worked out? I'll wait.

I can write a fucking book on the times he overdrafted some stiff that all the fans said 'What the fuck??'

I am not kidding when I say I am willing to bet anything I can draft better than Howie. I'm totally fucking serious. I have zero experience but I'm that confident.

Comment

At least we got that Super Bowl thing out of the way
                          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

We are worse than midfield on every overall ranking chart for the whole draft.

Prick Cowboys are just about on top of every overall ranking system for the whole 3 days and why do they get so lucky with players falling to them? Players they drafted today were total hits in terms of team needs and filling holes. Our Howie takes Hurts in the 2nd though....

This is just fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              They say that every year.
                              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                              X