So let me get this straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So let me get this straight

Instead of putting a better team around the franchise QB in a loaded draft, Roseman's overriding interest in team-building is drafting a guy who's objective is to take the qb's job.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

But Slag, he's a good teammate. I'm sure he'll be perfectly happy to be a backup for the next 4 years.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Someone just expressed this (I did not read it before my post) better than me

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...tz-jalen-hurts

Comment

people keep bringing up Taysom Hill....is everyone missing the fact that he went undrafted?
        YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          Instead of putting a better team around the franchise QB in a loaded draft, Roseman's overriding interest in team-building is drafting a guy who's objective is to take the qb's job.
          Ed Werder said falcons asked for our 1&2 for pick 16 and Howie said no.

fireable offense.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            I read a tweet from Kempski that basically said the eagles had difficulty answering a question that asked what the best case scenario was for the eagles drafting Hurts.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
              people keep bringing up Taysom Hill....is everyone missing the fact that he went undrafted?

Has Jalen even played other positions?? Does even want to?? This isn’t going to be a good situation for anyone.

Picks are risky enough on their own, these added variables only lessen any chance of success.

Stupid execution of a plan that could’ve been achieved in so many other ways.
              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

I read a tweet from Kempski that basically said the eagles had difficulty answering a question that asked what the best case scenario was for the eagles drafting Hurts.

​​​
                They could have had Jon Lovitz do this and given a better answer:

YEAH YEAH ... THAT'S THE TICKET

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                  But Slag, he's a good teammate. I'm sure he'll be perfectly happy to be a backup for the next 4 years.
                  Bahaaaaaaaaa!!! This is literally what we are hearing right now. Incredible!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
                    BOOM!!

not to mention he’s effective, what...3 plays per game??

this is embarrassing on so many levels.

Comment

Oh, poor Carson
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        Oh, poor Carson
                        Poor Carson my fucking ass ... you want an insurance policy ... go sign Flacco or whoever ... and get your franchise QB a motherfucking contender around him.

Comment

I'm totally with the Duck's opinion in this thread. https://igglephans.com/iggboard/foru...33240-honestly
                          --------

Comment

And that is in line with "poor Carson" how?

EDITED TO ADD: You do not spend a high pick (53 overall), particularly in a loaded draft, on a backup quarterback even if he can run a few gadget plays here and there.

You spend that pick on a guy who you want to take the QB's job.

But if you have a franchise QB who you paid ... you don't spend a high pick like that when a vet would be better right away if franchise QB got hurt and your franchise QB would be more worth the money if his team's glaring holes were addressed.
                            Last edited by slag; 04-25-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I keep thinking about the Andrew Luck scenario. This certainly wasn’t the right pick for the team for this upcoming season
                              --------

Comment

Working...
                              X