No announcement yet.

So let me get this straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slag, you're wrong here. You're either being trolled or you're crazy if you think you can convince a person that thinks this move made sense. This is where you're at fault.

Comment

I don't need to convince him this is a bad move ... I got a little testy because I wasn't suggesting coddling of Wentz ... I think he misunderstood my intention in the original post ... which was not that Wentz shouldn't have a competent backup ... it was that you don't use the 53 to take anyone except someone who you want to be a starter ... and you don't want Hurts to start unless you also want Wentz to get hurt.

Injury concerns are addressed better by a vet backup if the objective is a ring, so you can take advantage of an opportunity to put a full time starter on the field aside from the franchise QB.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        I keep thinking about the Andrew Luck scenario. This certainly wasn’t the right pick for the team for this upcoming season
        I could be totally misremembering here but after the playoff game and Wentz's concussion, didn't Diggle post something to the effect of there being more to that hit in terms of him maybe reunjuring his back also? I couldn't help but think about that last night. Maybe there is more to his injuries than we know. It would make sense. More sense than wanting to be a "quarterback factory."
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          Slag, you're wrong here. You're either being trolled or you're crazy if you think you can convince a person that thinks this move made sense. This is where you're at fault.
          Anyone who is OK with this pick or can rationalize it, needs their head checked. Developmental pick in the second round on a team desperately needing young impact players anywhere on the field is egregious and incompetent. This team is not self aware.

Comment

I honestly just can't fathom someone defending this move. It's wrong on so many levels. It's one thing to defend the Reagor pick but this is just bananas.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I could be totally misremembering here but after the playoff game and Wentz's concussion, didn't Diggle post something to the effect of there being more to that hit in terms of him maybe reunjuring his back also? I couldn't help but think about that last night. Maybe there is more to his injuries than we know. It would make sense. More sense than wanting to be a "quarterback factory."
              I have had the feeling there is more going on here than we know about. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I have had the feeling there is more going on here than we know about. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense.
                On one hand I can’t help but think there is a land mine with Carson’s health that all parties are staying quiet about but then go back to the recent Carson contract and balance it with the hubris the FO has displayed in the past. I end up leaning in a 60/40 direction the FO screwed the pooch and Howie is not a talent selector.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

It probably has more to do with the fact that he wasn't that injured and instead of trying to come back in a playoff game he had them call for his wife to come and sit with him. Who has ever heard of anything like that? He wasn't near death or even needed to go to the hospital and was hanging around the locker room after the game. He just didn't want to go back in and look bad. They finally realized he's a pussy and that's why most of the players hate him so they are pissed they paid him and are ready to move on.

Comment

Working...
                  X