Will they carry 6 WRs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will they carry 6 WRs?

They'll have to cut Greg Ward to get down to 6. He's not a guy you draft around but in the likely event that Jeffery/Jackson get hurt, they'll be relying on Reagor/BBCJ/Goodwin/Hightower.

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    They'll have to cut Greg Ward to get down to 6. He's not a guy you draft around but in the likely event that Jeffery/Jackson get hurt, they'll be relying on Reagor/BBCJ/Goodwin/Hightower.
    Still do not know if they will keep Jeffery, all signs say they will at this point. Your paying him why cut him. Shame is Greg Ward gets cut after the show he put on last season.

Comment

Even though I've staked out a contrarian position on #53, it's clearly the most questionable pick of this draft.

The rest of it, I really like the approach. Draft grades are geigh, but I love the emphasis on elite traits and throwing multiple assets at positions of need (WR and LB). I love the Davion Taylor and K'Von Wallace picks, and I know several people who are really excited about Shaun Bradley. There's going to be some serious competition to make this roster this summer.

Comment

BCJJ is going to have to step it up.

Comment

These wideouts this moron is drafting are just McNutts. They'll be the best receivers on the practice squad. Sorry Robert Davis. Once the other players get hurt (and they will), they may sniff playing time. Like I said before, Howie drafting wideouts this late is pointless.
          Last edited by Snakebitten; 04-25-2020, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            Even though I've staked out a contrarian position on #53, it's clearly the most questionable pick of this draft.

The rest of it, I really like the approach. Draft grades are geigh, but I love the emphasis on elite traits and throwing multiple assets at positions of need (WR and LB). I love the Davion Taylor and K'Von Wallace picks, and I know several people who are really excited about Shaun Bradley. There's going to be some serious competition to make this roster this summer.
            I wish i could see this thing through whatever lens you're looking through.

Comment

Are you on the Eagles payroll?
              Moderator at philaphans.com

Comment

Hahahaha Greg Ward is going nowhere after last year's performance just because someone can run fast. Already got Reagor Jackson and Goodwin who can fly some of these guys will be PS guys
                ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

I wish i could see this thing through whatever lens you're looking through.
                  The over-emphasis on college production was something we've all been complaining about since the '17 disaster. They're making a concerted effort to get faster in this draft. We'll see how it works, but volume-drafting athletes with elite traits is exactly what I was hoping they'd do. We're seeing a pretty clear shift in philosophy. How well they scouted these guys remains to be seen, but I like the approach. I don't know how else you judge a draft at this stage, except to look at the needs that were addressed and the thought process behind the picks. Right now, putting 53 aside, it seems sound to me.

Comment

At least one will be stashed on IR not to mention possibility of losing someone in training camp. Jeffrey on PUP

Comment

The over-emphasis on college production was something we've all been complaining about since the '17 disaster. They're making a concerted effort to get faster in this draft. We'll see how it works, but volume-drafting athletes with elite traits is exactly what I was hoping they'd do. We're seeing a pretty clear shift in philosophy. How well they scouted these guys remains to be seen, but I like the approach. I don't know how else you judge a draft at this stage, except to look at the needs that were addressed and the thought process behind the picks. Right now, putting 53 aside, it seems sound to me.
                      How many of these 5th and 6th round athletes are you really buying as anything substantial? I can't put 53 aside because the likelihood of a starting caliber player is so much higher and they threw the fucking pick away.

Comment

I like that they brought in Marquise Goodwin. It can remind them that speed isn't everything. Goodwin was quick as shit and is a horrible wide receiver. I can't believe he's still in the league. Hopefully, this will remind Howie that it's also important to have good hands and actually be a good wide receiver. Apparently, he's more focused in bringing in track stars that he's over looking everything else. The best receivers in the NFL typically run the 40 in the mid 4.5s. Our moron GM wants to reinvent the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          Alshon will start the season on PUP.

Locks - DJax, Reagor, JJAW

Competition - Ward, Hightower, Watkins, Goodwin

I think 6 is a lock. 4 guys competing for 3 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

How many of these 5th and 6th round athletes are you really buying as anything substantial? I can't put 53 aside because the likelihood of a starting caliber player is so much higher and they threw the fucking pick away.
                            No idea, man. You take your shots in those rounds and hope your scouts found a keeper. If you're going to take three shots at WR, this was the draft to do it.

I like the philosophy behind what they did with most of this draft. They drafted speed, they avoided players with injury histories (except for a late round flier on Prince Wango Tango), and they drafted into the strength of the class. All three of those are things they failed to do in recent classes. I'm glad to see Roseman learning from his mistakes.
                            Last edited by The Duck; 04-25-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X