Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We drafted Hurts due to Covid-19 concerns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We drafted Hurts due to Covid-19 concerns?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....urts-pick/amp/

Most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. NO.

Comment

That's Howie using his national guys trying to smooth it over. What a fucking crazy selection

Comment

I heard that Howie was just being sarcastic.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

This explains the wideouts he just brought on board. They aren't going to catch shit.

Comment

The weird part about this is there really is a financial justification that they haven't used: Hurts, a 2nd rounder, is much cheaper than a veteran backup. If they steered into that, they'd be able to sell it pretty easily.

"People might think a second-round pick sounds like a lot for a backup quarterback, but we really like Jalen's talent and he's going to be much less expensive than a veteran backup for the next four years. We've been fortunate that Carson's contract has been pretty inexpensive so far, but we didn't give him $100 million for nothing. We knew we'd be interested if Jalen fell, because of his versatility. He can do some of the things we ask Carson to do, with the RPOs and things like that, so he's a good fit for how the offense will work. And man, I think we're going to be coming up with creative ways to get him involved alongside Carson to give defenses even more headaches."

Comment

Working...
            X