Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was dying for sports content

And at least the draft provided it.

Good with Reagor, good with the rest of it. Wanted Fulton in the 2nd, and I'm baffled by Hurts. He saves cap room vs. a veteran backup, but a 2nd on a guy you hope never plays just hurts my soul.

Oh well. We'll see what happens.

-AE

I NEVER WATCHED THE DRAFT. BUT TIRED OF SLAMMING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL, WATCHING SAME OLD KIND OF SHIT ON TUBE.
    SO WHEN THAT HURTS PICK WENT DOWN, WAS SCREAMING YOU IDIOTS, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING.....

BUT AFTER A FEW GLASSES OF GOBBLE AND A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP, DECIDED TO TAKE THE ZUBAZ ZEN APPROACH AND GO WITH IT, SEE WHERE IT TAKES US.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 04-26-2020, 06:19 PM.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
      And at least the draft provided it.

Good with Reagor, good with the rest of it. Wanted Fulton in the 2nd, and I'm baffled by Hurts. He saves cap room vs. a veteran backup, but a 2nd on a guy you hope never plays just hurts my soul.

-AE
      I would assume this means Sudfeld is on the trade block since they now we believe Hurts in Lamar Jackson on steroids lol

Comment

Do you honestly believe Wentz is gonna win you a Super Bowl? I dont.
        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
          YES.

Comment

No ... not if they don't commit to putting a team around him.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

No ... not if they don't commit to putting a team around him.
              I WAS SAYING YES UNDER THE PRESUMPTION THEY WOULD HAVE ALL THREE PHASES OF A TEAM PUT TOGETHER.
              IF THEY PULL A MCNABB ON HIM, NO.

WENTZ HAS THE TALENT AND DETERMINATION.
              THEY NEED TO STOP HIM FROM GETTING KILLED.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
                That's pretty much all we can do. Of course, there will always be malcontents, and those who complain just for the ITYS factor later. But I just can't be too bothered by it all, and I just hope it works out well.

Comment

Not without more talent, getting mims or a big ass rb would have actually helped in the 2nd
                  On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

What Slag said.

Wentz might not ever be the MVP or even one of the top 3 "pick any quarterback to lead your team this season" kinda guys. But he's more than capable of winning a title.

Nick Foles got a hot hand during the Super Bowl run, and, on a fundamental level, Foles is not all that good.

But any QB needs a team around him, and except in rare situations it has to be of reasonable quality in all facets. There are only truly transcendent teams that can overcome weak (or even mediocre) performances in certain elements. The Eagles would have needed a Chiefs-level offense to overcome their defensive shortcomings last year. That's not happening with practice-squad receivers.

I don't know how much better they got than last year. They're banking that Slay and Hargrave improve the defense (even with the loss of Jenkins) and Jackson's return plus Reagor elevate the receivers (and Dillard isn't a big downgrade from Peters). It might be enough to win the division again, but I would've definitely preferred another DB in the 2nd.

Hurts is way cheaper than a veteran backup, but he's not a guy I'd be sold on stepping in to lead if Wentz goes down, or being someone who becomes a desirable trade target like Garoppolo. Maybe I'm wrong, but I dunno.

Comment

The QB Factory can't develop the 2017 MVP?

He must have peaked.

Comment

Working...
                      X