***2020 Geighback Draft Thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***2020 Geighback Draft Thread***

For future mockery... using the same picks Howie got (keep him around for trades). If you play along at home, a year from now, whoever has the most hits wins a Cadillac.

1:21
    Eagles pick: Jalen Reagor
    My pick: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU

I nailed this one on my official mock. Witnesses available upon request. I just liked Reagor a lot more than most of you. I'll live or die on this hill.

2:53
    Eagles pick: Jalen Hurts
    My pick: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

I was WR with the top two picks all the way. I thought Mims was a sure first rounder, so just the fact that he was available here should cost me some points. I also liked Van Jefferson with this pick.

3:103
    Eagles pick: Jalen Taylor
    My pick: Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State

Got the wrong athletic LB from a less-than-powerhouse program. Kind of an obvious spot for LB. Davion Taylor wasn't on my radar at all, but I like the kid.

4:127
    Eagles pick: K'Jalen Wallace
    My pick: K'Von Wallace, DB, Clemson

Would've gone Chinn in the 2nd, but I was committed to WR and knew we could get Wallace here.

4:145
    Eagles pick: Jalen Driscoll
    My pick: Bryce Hall, CB, UVA

Projected 2nd, fell because of injury. No problem with Howie avoiding medical red flags.

5:168
    Eagles pick: Jalen Hightower
    My pick: Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona State

Didn't go until the 7th, so not the best value. Like the player... but RBs are probably the easiest thing to find in UDFA, so I understand them not taking one.

6:196
    Eagles pick: Jalen Bradley
    My pick: Prince Tega Wanogho , OL, Auburn

Best available player on the board at the time, according to the CBS draft tracker I was using. Sometimes it's that simple.

6:200
    Eagles pick: Jalenz Watkins
    My pick: James Proche, WR, SMU

The one pick where I think Howie's need for speed blinded him to the better player. The fact that the Ravens immediately took Proche off the board makes me confident that I'm right about this one.

6:210
    Eagles pick: Prince Jalen Wanogho
    My pick: Geno Stone, DB, Iowa

Stone was the highest player I'd actually scouted a little bit left here. I thought he'd be a 4th rounder.

7:233
    Eagles pick: Casey Jalenhill
    My pick: Derrek Tuszka, DE, North Dakota State

Small school shot in the dark, but his tape is fun to watch. And it'd be good to have someone else on the roster who speaks North Dakotan.

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    For future mockery... using the same picks Howie got (keep him around for trades). If you play along at home, a year from now, whoever has the most hits wins a Cadillac.

1:21
    Eagles pick: Jalen Reagor
    My pick: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU

I nailed this one on my official mock. Witnesses available upon request. I just liked Reagor a lot more than most of you. I'll live or die on this hill.

2:53
    Eagles pick: Jalen Hurts
    My pick: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

I was WR with the top two picks all the way. I thought Mims was a sure first rounder, so just the fact that he was available here should cost me some points. I also liked Van Jefferson with this pick.

3:103
    Eagles pick: Jalen Taylor
    My pick: Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State

Got the wrong athletic LB from a less-than-powerhouse program. Kind of an obvious spot for LB. Davion Taylor wasn't on my radar at all, but I like the kid.

4:127
    Eagles pick: K'Jalen Wallace
    My pick: K'Von Wallace, DB, Clemson

Would've gone Chinn in the 2nd, but I was committed to WR and knew we could get Wallace here.

4:145
    Eagles pick: Jalen Driscoll
    My pick: Bryce Hall, CB, UVA

Projected 2nd, fell because of injury. No problem with Howie avoiding medical red flags.

5:168
    Eagles pick: Jalen Hightower
    My pick: Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona State

Didn't go until the 7th, so not the best value. Like the player... but RBs are probably the easiest thing to find in UDFA, so I understand them not taking one.

6:196
    Eagles pick: Jalen Bradley
    My pick: Prince Tega Wanogho , OL, Auburn

Best available player on the board at the time, according to the CBS draft tracker I was using. Sometimes it's that simple.

6:200
    Eagles pick: Jalenz Watkins
    My pick: James Proche, WR, SMU

The one pick where I think Howie's need for speed blinded him to the better player. The fact that the Ravens immediately took Proche off the board makes me confident that I'm right about this one.

6:210
    Eagles pick: Prince Jalen Wanogho
    My pick: Geno Stone, DB, Iowa

Stone was the highest player I'd actually scouted a little bit left here. I thought he'd be a 4th rounder.

7:233
    Eagles pick: Casey Jalenhill
    My pick: Derrek Tuszka, DE, North Dakota State

Small school shot in the dark, but his tape is fun to watch. And it'd be good to have someone else on the roster who speaks North Dakotan.

1st. Reagor. I’ll live with this as well since I called it. The other option would have been Ruiz, Aiyuk. Jefferson and Higgins would have been fine, too.

2nd. Josh Jones or Duvernay.

I won’t scrutinize the rest of the field. Eagles are good in the later rounds. Wallace and Quez Watkins stand out for me.

Comment

They're pretty good at getting mileage out of their Day 3 picks. Mills, Sweat, Maddox, Gerry, Edwards, Pryor, Big V, Smallwood, Clement have all made contributions. Mailata has stuck and has a shot at being a swing tackle this year. And they've done it without a lot of back-end picks in recent years.

Comment

I HAD..

MOVE UP, GET HIGGINS, ( BUNGALS 33RD, ....OR STAY PUT TAKE MEKHI BECTON, (WENT TO JETS PICK 7).

TAKE HIGHTOWER,GOT EM.

TAKE JAMES LYNCH, LB, (VIKQUEENS PICK AT 130.) FROM BAYLOR

TAKE DAVID WOODWARD LB. UTAH STATE. (NOT SELECTED.) STILL CAN UDFA.
        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 04-27-2020, 09:27 AM.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

i went on record saying i'd have been happy to have give up 2 firsts to move up for Lamb when he fell to 16.
          But, for the sake of this exercise:

1st -- Justin Jefferson, WR (i want to say Aiyuk but being honest I would have been afraid to turn in his card over Jefferson. i love Aiyuk's 'upside' and highlight reel more. He's so explosive. Am i talking myself out of this? hah....But, I am taking Jefferson's production vs the best competition and think he can play the 2. don't get cute, just take JJ)

2nd -- AJ Epenesa, DE (would have made this pick almost as fast as MN made their Jefferson pick after we took Reagor)

3rd -- Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB (same feeling as you with taylor. didn't know much about him but am fine with him. he's a goddamned missle with a lot of potential. by time they play in 2021?? he may be legit starter. but, i'd have gone Davis-Gaither for sure with this pick, personally.

4th-- K'Von Wallace, S (great pick here by Roseman. shocked he wasn't taken much earlier)

4th -- Tyler Biadasz, C (Kelce eventual replacement locked up and don't have to bank on Isaac S making the move to C. also, you prevented dallas from replacing Frederick. I'm still livid Roseman traded 146 pick to Dallas. you just don't help those bastards, ever. You HURT them every chance you get. And take tremendous pleasure in doing so. What the fuck, man? Seriously...)

5th -- James Proche, WR

6th -- Bradlee Anae, DE (was shocked he went as late as he did)

6th -- Prince Tega Wanogho, OT (excellent value here. low risk/high reward)

6th -- Marcus Bailey, LB (another guy with a much higher grade than where he went. Even though I got OLB earlier I'm not passing on him)

7th -- Trajan Bandy, CB (can't believe he didn't get drafted. Lacks ideal size but plays big. Gambles too much but really think he will be eventual starter for Steelers)

(i am coming out of this without a burner WR. i'd sign at least 1 immediately after the draft ended. Hightower is too old for me, frankly)
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-27-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I'd mocked Biadasz to us a few times too, but OL is the one area where I really don't have a clue, so I never get worked up about who they did or didn't take. Of all the coaches on the team, Stoutland's the one I trust the most. Not crazy about helping the Cowboys, either, but I'll reserve my wrath until we see how the player works out.

One note about the Center position... check out Jack Driscoll's profile. Then compare it to Jason Kelce's draft profile. Really interesting reading.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              I'd mocked Biadasz to us a few times too, but OL is the one area where I really don't have a clue, so I never get worked up about who they did or didn't take. Of all the coaches on the team, Stoutland's the one I trust the most. Not crazy about helping the Cowboys, either, but I'll reserve my wrath until we see how the player works out.

One note about the Center position... check out Jack Driscoll's profile. Then compare it to Jason Kelce's draft profile. Really interesting reading.
              Driscoll is a sharp guy. not sure he's close to the athlete Kelce is but we will find out soon enough. I saw the C possibility being mentioned over the weekend during the draft. Versatilty on OL is always a plus bc they go down with injuries a lot. Well, around here anyway.

Also, I was reading Bo Wolf's real time mock draft article on The Athletic over lunch & he made the exact same first 3 picks that I did. Not that they're stretches but made me feel better about mine, frankly.

I really feel like they (we) will regret not taking Epenesa at 53. DE is a major question mark. We just don't get to the QB from the ends at all. That's a big problem.

Hearing Roseman's 'insurance' explanation on WIP this afternoon just made me feel even worse about taking Hurts (which I didn't think was possible). He should just stop talking to the media.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-27-2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X