• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Marty had a hand in getting hurts

That fuckup should never have been let back in the building
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

At the end of the day it all hinges on Carson's health. If there are no more major injuries (I'm not counting cheap shot concussions) then it was a huge waste. Even if you develop him you're never getting back more than the second rounder you used on him.

But if Carsom keeps getting hurt and he can play then all of us who complained about it could end up looking dumb. I saw a stat that last season his % of throws "on target" was north of 70% and third highest in the draft. Maybe Lincoln Riley coached him up. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself...
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

What they're saying is we're not smart enough to protect our quarterback conventionally like actually running the ball or getting wideouts that can get open or catch. Instead, they want to bring in another quarterback that can improvise when things eventually breakdown. These dopes think the quarterback is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        What they're saying is we're not smart enough to protect our quarterback conventionally like actually running the ball or getting wideouts that can get open or catch. Instead, they want to bring in another quarterback that can improvise when things eventually breakdown. These dopes think the quarterback is the problem.
        Well, I doubt they think that they are the problem. Nevertheless, if that's their thinking, they shouldn't have given Carson that contract.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Once they drafted Hurts in the second, I knew we were screwed. Knowing these guys, they will eventually go with subpar Hurts then decide to surround him with players.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            At the end of the day it all hinges on Carson's health. If there are no more major injuries (I'm not counting cheap shot concussions) then it was a huge waste. Even if you develop him you're never getting back more than the second rounder you used on him.

But if Carsom keeps getting hurt and he can play then all of us who complained about it could end up looking dumb. I saw a stat that last season his % of throws "on target" was north of 70% and third highest in the draft. Maybe Lincoln Riley coached him up. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself...
            I think I we have about a 98% chance we will not be eating crow on this pick
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

bottom line -- not trading your 1 and 2 for 16 overall to secure Cee Dee Lamb & allowing Dallas to snag him should be the final nail in Howie's coffin.

How many times does Lurie need to see this movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                bottom line -- not trading your 1 and 2 for 16 overall to secure Cee Dee Lamb & allowing Dallas to snag him should be the final nail in Howie's coffin.

How many times does Lurie need to see this movie?
                Here's my thing with this. I have no idea how those interviews went with him. If he came off as a real douchebag, I may be hesitant. I'm a bit more cautious with wideouts than the rest of the positions. That being said, if the rumors are true that they wanted him and thought a second rounder was too much (after drafting 'Everybody' Hurts), that's another slap in the face to Wentz.

All I know is that all I've heard about was three to four wideouts for months. If I know I'm allergic to drafting good wideouts, I'm taking one of them. This team has a need at every wideout spot. I certainly wouldn't have decided to go with a receiver who catches 47% of his passes because he runs fast. He doesn't even really have that much of an upside. Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't Wentz throw a high pass? I certainly wouldn't take an shorter receiver in the first round with that skillset. Howie wanted to get cute again.

Comment

Here's my thing with this. I have no idea how those interviews went with him. If he came off as a real douchebag, I may be hesitant. I'm a bit more cautious with wideouts than the rest of the positions. That being said, if the rumors are true that they wanted him and thought a second rounder was too much (after drafting 'Everybody' Hurts), that's another slap in the face to Wentz.

All I know is that all I've heard about was three to four wideouts for months. If I know I'm allergic to drafting good wideouts, I'm taking one of them. This team has a need at every wideout spot. I certainly wouldn't have decided to go with a receiver who catches 47% of his passes because he runs fast. He doesn't even really have that much of an upside. Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't Wentz throw a high pass? I certainly wouldn't take an shorter receiver in the first round with that skillset. Howie wanted to get cute again.

Yeah, while I was okay with the Reagor pick, a lot of his projection is based on IFs. Also, leave it to Howie to draft a guy who when you bring up the weaknesses it’s met with “It was the other guy’s fault!” Granted, the TCU QB was awful, but we’ve seen many receivers excel with average to below average QBs.

As for CeeDee, it was probably more than just our 1 and 2, but even if you asked me to give up those and one of our 4ths if that was the deal, you freaking do it. We turned the last 4th into a few picks for lottery tickets to shore up a position that could’ve had a big solution already had they made the trade. Additionally, if they wanted one of those WRs, they plus many more still would’ve been there to snatch up.

Comment

that 47% catch rate isn't a great stat, IMO. his QB was D3 shitty last year. I am worried about his hands though. We've had our fill of dudes who drop easy ones. I'm personally avoiding any WR that has even a hint of that. Jefferson barely made the cut there.

Comment

I get the QB was shitty but I've seen good WRs find a way to produce. Did you know Reagor had three games where he caught one pass (he had two games with 2)? So I can't draft wideouts and that's the guy I chose with the #21 pick to buck the trend? Now, I'm going sell the fans on the fact that his QB sucked? I would be ok if they rolled the dice in the second round on him. Why not? Instead they thought the odds would be better if they let every other team pillage the wide receiver class first and then reach for future Marquise Goodwins.

If they want to show us that Wentz isn't the future, give him some weapons and then let him fail. I've got several people on here that can verify that I don't rip Howie on his draft every year (thanks again, guys). I have every right to go full Anthony this year. This draft stings the nostrils.
                      Last edited by Snakebitten; 04-27-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Cheap shot concussions absolutely count. If you had a "slash" player on your playoff roster last year, things might have been different.
                        Last edited by BigSlizz; 04-27-2020, 12:16 PM.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Did you know Reagor had three games where he caught one pass (he had two games with 2)?
                          In one of those three games (Kansas), he had 140 return yards and a TD.

Against Baylor and Oklahoma, he was pretty quiet. Not that it matters much, but Lamb was too (2 for 16... he had three 2 catch games and one 1 catch game).

Without seeing the film, it's hard to know what that means. You only get so many targets in a game... if your lousy QB is having a particularly lousy day, or you're having success running the ball, it's gonna cut into your numbers. The Oklahoma tape might be interesting, since TCU was actually able to hang with a far superior team that day without any semblance of a passing game (Duggan threw for 65 yards on 7 for 21 passing... he was really bad).

Comment

I appreciate your determination in fluffing the hell out of this draft but you've got your work cut out for you.

Comment

The Hurts pick requires some rationalization. Reagor doesn't. My excitement about him is 100% genuine.

Comment

Working...
                              X