WITH THESE BLUE ANGEL FLY BY TODAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WITH THESE BLUE ANGEL FLY BY TODAY

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS ITS A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY?
    COULDN'T THEY TAKE THAT MONEY AND GIVE IT TO REALLY DESPERATE FAMILIES?
    OR AM I BEING A CURMUDGEON?

WHAT SAY YOU.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

I hear barrels of oil are free now

Not sure why they charged me 1.77 a gallon yesterday?
    funny cus,
    I remember twenty two years ago pumping gas in Jersey
    And it was around a buck

Comment

Meh, probably Curmudgeon. Unfortunately the helping people part has been neglected for so long that a gratuitous feel good every once and a while doesn't make it worse.

Point well made though.

Comment

Gotta distract from total incompetence somehow
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I'm not sure about the cost. I'm thinking somehow that they need to fly anyway, to keep their pilot hours and such...so they might as well do it for an audience. But I hear what you're saying.

It does also remind me of some kind of May Day military show in the sky. Maybe not a good look when the populace is starting to get a little cabin feverish.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
            I'm not sure about the cost. I'm thinking somehow that they need to fly anyway, to keep their pilot hours and such...so they might as well do it for an audience. But I hear what you're saying.

It does also remind me of some kind of May Day military show in the sky. Maybe not a good look when the populace is starting to get a little cabin feverish.
            WE ALL CELEBRATED BY DOING SHOTS OF CLOROX AND LYSOL TO KILL THE VIRUS, SINCE YOU KNOW WHO SAID THAT WOULD WORK.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post

This is correct answer. I have a buddy that I was technician with at my first squadron who is currently stationed with the Blue Angels and these planes are flying every day in Pensacola to keep up with flight hours for the pilots as well as maintenance schedules. So it makes sense to fly them for audience.

I do agree that the optics are kind of silly given the circumstances.
              Last edited by broadstreetparade; 04-29-2020, 09:47 AM.

Comment

F/A-18 flyovers? In my neighborhood, we call that a weekday.

Comment

oh, I don't know. Seems fitting under a president who sits in parked fire trucks and makes siren sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

This is correct answer. I have a buddy that I was technician with at my first squadron who is currently stationed with the Blue Angels and these planes are flying every day in Pensacola to keep up with flight hours for the pilots as well as maintenance schedules. So it makes sense to fly them for audience.

The view, I suppose, depends on one's politics ... although I don't think it should in this case, considering the idea is to honor the medical and the other "front line" personnel.

Particularly if they have to fly over the Everglades or whatever anyway.

But I can see how some would view it as an opportunistic flag-waving grandstand play.
                    Last edited by slag; 04-29-2020, 12:54 PM.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Buy PPE with the $$$$ would be best served
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                        Buy PPE with the $$$$ would be best served
                        What money?
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

OK. IF THEY NEED SEAT TIME I CAN SEE IT. THE ONLY TIME EVER SEE THEM DRAGONS IS AT AIR SHOWS.

Comment

Working...
                          X