Do mock drafts outdraft teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do mock drafts outdraft teams?

I saw something on ESPN showing what would have happened if teams drafted like Dracula hair over the last 20 years and they were actually really well-built teams. Some of the prospects were obvious studs, but some teams tend to pass on those players *cough* . He had big misses too but his success rate was easily 60-70% in the first 3 rounds. Our 1st rders aren't even 25% success rate. Case in point he wanted Lamb or Jefferson and said Eagles shouldn't overthink this no-brainer.
    Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

The problem with that logic is that every player doesn't fit every team's needs/scheme at a particular draft slot. Some players are a product of the scheme they're drafted in to and would be "misses" elsewhere.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Most draft experts would have adjusted their boards but they weren't aware we were in need of wideout that can't catch and a subpar backup QB. I think they will be better prepared next year.

Comment

I always wondered what the point of having NFL scouting staffs was when a team could just go off of Mel's Best Available since he's basically doing it for them. They could save all of that money and now the proof is there. If any of us did the the same thing we could all be somewhat proficient GMs as well. Doesn't say too much for all of these so called professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by Lar6767 View Post
          I always wondered what the point of having NFL scouting staffs was when a team could just go off of Mel's Best Available since he's basically doing it for them. They could save all of that money and now the proof is there. If any of us did the the same thing we could all be somewhat proficient GMs as well. Doesn't say too much for all of these so called professionals.
          SO BASICALLY, BY WHAT YOU THINK IS, YOU WOULD DEPEND ON SOMEONE ELSE'S OPINION OF PLAYERS, ON THE FUTURE OF YOUR TEAM, THAT HAS ZERO STAKE IN YOUR FRANCHISE, THAN SEEING IT THROUGH THE EYES OF THE PERSONNEL YOU HIRED TO SCOUT PLAYERS FACE TO FACE.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I think the ones that didn’t reach for Reagor and Hurts outdrafted Howie.

Comment

Working...
            X