Manned Launches Still are Cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manned Launches Still are Cool

Probably a holdover from watching Gemini and Apollo missions when I was a kid. I still think it's must watch TV.
    DB

Cool music reflected the interest in space back then.

Space Oddity
    Rocket Man

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

Space Oddity
      Rocket Man
      Purple Haze
      Snoopy v. The Red Baron
      DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

Purple Haze
        Snoopy v. The Red Baron
        Walking on the Moon (late 70’s)

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

Space Oddity
          Rocket Man
          One of the networks used music from “Echoes” by Pink Floyd on its space coverage. Of course I didn’t know that until I was older and started listening to Floyd. It may have been CBS but for some reason I associate with Jules Bergman and he was ABC.

One of the guys going up is from my high school. My brother and sister in law know him well.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

One of the networks used music from “Echoes” by Pink Floyd on its space coverage. Of course I didn’t know that until I was older and started listening to Floyd. It may have been CBS but for some reason I associate with Jules Bergman and he was ABC.

One of the guys going up is from my high school. My brother and sister in law know him well.
            That's pretty cool. I remember being in law school when the first shuttle went up, one of the guys was such a Right Stuff guy, John something or other. Landed that puppy right on the "X" on the runway. Stud.

I also remember they had some guy on ABC I think, Ken Takashawahara or something, stationed out in the middle of the m'fing desert to hear the sonic boom as the shuttle reentered. Poor fucker was standing out in the middle of nowhere all day just to have a ten second "I just heard the boom, this is Ken Takashawahara, Shitstain, California." What a horrible job...
            DB

Comment

I’ll be watching. Hopefully the weather allows them to launch and that all goes well.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                I’ll be watching. Hopefully the weather allows them to launch and that all goes well.
                Did someone at SpaceX stop to think that in Florida every f'ing afternoon there are thundershowers so maybe they should launch in the am? Anyone?
                DB

Comment

That's pretty cool. I remember being in law school when the first shuttle went up, one of the guys was such a Right Stuff guy, John something or other. Landed that puppy right on the "X" on the runway. Stud.

I also remember they had some guy on ABC I think, Ken Takashawahara or something, stationed out in the middle of the m'fing desert to hear the sonic boom as the shuttle reentered. Poor fucker was standing out in the middle of nowhere all day just to have a ten second "I just heard the boom, this is Ken Takashawahara, Shitstain, California." What a horrible job...
                  Summer of my junior year of college I spent working in the IBM plant masking, coating and cleaning parts for the space shuttle. Had my hands in chemicals for most of the day, no gloves. My buddies whose dads were IBM engineers got the sweet go-fer summer jobs; I got the assembly line.

Comment

Summer of my junior year of college I spent working in the IBM plant masking, coating and cleaning parts for the space shuttle. Had my hands in chemicals for most of the day, no gloves. My buddies whose dads were IBM engineers got the sweet go-fer summer jobs; I got the assembly line.
                    Look on the bright side, you didn't have to shave or get haircuts so often...
                    DB

Comment

Did someone at SpaceX stop to think that in Florida every f'ing afternoon there are thundershowers so maybe they should launch in the am? Anyone?
                      It may have something to do with the location of the Space Station at this time. I don’t know.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

It may have something to do with the location of the Space Station at this time. I don’t know.
                        Where'd you park it? Didn't you look at the sign in the parking lot to remember where you parked it? Jeez, IE...
                        DB

Comment

They're gonna scrub.
                          DB

Comment

but look at you now! i worked in the press room of a newspaper for $4/hour. filthy, back breaking bullshit job.

Comment

Did you dance or sing in Newsies or both?
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                              X