NFL Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Schedule

In light of the probable NCAA postponements in football, I wonder whether the NFL will move into Saturdays too. It makes sense, except that the NBA and NHL might try to own Saturdays.
    DB

I see three possible responses:

shit yes

hell yes

and

you’re goddamn right they will.

Comment

I’ve seen that mentioned by a decent amount of writers covering the Birds and other teams.
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
        I’ve seen that mentioned by a decent amount of writers covering the Birds and other teams.
        I don't read. gobfather has taught me that reading is a waste of time.

Speaking of wastes of time, I've been meaning to ask you, do these Flyers have a chance? I like to think they will be able to get by this Habs goaltender over the span of a seven game series, but after that it is opaque to me.
        DB

Comment

Punchers chance, yeah.
          Hart has played in the biggest of games on the biggest of stages for a country where hockey is life. It’s sort of scary how unflappable he is. The kid has had a sports psychologist since he was literally a kid. Price may steal some games in the series, but Hart has that same ability. Watch all of the games be like eight goal games now. Ha ha.
          You hardly ever see players dominate series after series in the playoffs. Unless you have Gretzky or Mario Lemieux or Gordy Howe on your team, you need different players to excel in different series. Based on the round robin part of these playoffs, the Flyers would seem to have a secondary group that can accomplish that. Matchups and coaches with a clue on how to exploit them will be key. AV seems to have that talent. Look at the Columbus vs Toronto series. Torts was on fire and thoroughly out coached Keefe. Giroux has been a stud in the playoffs before. It would be nice to see him shut up the neganellies. It’s been awhile since they’ve had two solid lines but this year they do. The names they brought in at forward at the trade deadline weren’t big names, just good solid players and big up the middle that will help during the playoff grind.
          The defense is solid but really young. Niskanen and Braun will help, though, with calming the youngsters down. They don’t really have that one beast on defense like a Pronger, but Provarov will now get a chance to show if he can be “that guy.” Myers and Sanheim could also have a huge playoffs too. I wouldn’t be surprised, though, if they play a bit skitterish. That can happen to kids with little playoff experience.
          All that being said, they have as good a chance as any team left in the tournament. I think that they take the Habs in six games. Then they play the big boys when it really matters and the round robin game results won’t mean squat. It all should be fun to watch.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

I don't read. gobfather has taught me that reading is a waste of time.

Speaking of wastes of time, I've been meaning to ask you, do these Flyers have a chance? I like to think they will be able to get by this Habs goaltender over the span of a seven game series, but after that it is opaque to me.
            We figured you did not know how to read, nothing amazes me there.

Comment

Punchers chance, yeah.
              Hart has played in the biggest of games on the biggest of stages for a country where hockey is life. It’s sort of scary how unflappable he is. The kid has had a sports psychologist since he was literally a kid. Price may steal some games in the series, but Hart has that same ability. Watch all of the games be like eight goal games now. Ha ha.
              You hardly ever see players dominate series after series in the playoffs. Unless you have Gretzky or Mario Lemieux or Gordy Howe on your team, you need different players to excel in different series. Based on the round robin part of these playoffs, the Flyers would seem to have a secondary group that can accomplish that. Matchups and coaches with a clue on how to exploit them will be key. AV seems to have that talent. Look at the Columbus vs Toronto series. Torts was on fire and thoroughly out coached Keefe. Giroux has been a stud in the playoffs before. It would be nice to see him shut up the neganellies. It’s been awhile since they’ve had two solid lines but this year they do. The names they brought in at forward at the trade deadline weren’t big names, just good solid players and big up the middle that will help during the playoff grind.
              The defense is solid but really young. Niskanen and Braun will help, though, with calming the youngsters down. They don’t really have that one beast on defense like a Pronger, but Provarov will now get a chance to show if he can be “that guy.” Myers and Sanheim could also have a huge playoffs too. I wouldn’t be surprised, though, if they play a bit skitterish. That can happen to kids with little playoff experience.
              All that being said, they have as good a chance as any team left in the tournament. I think that they take the Habs in six games. Then they play the big boys when it really matters and the round robin game results won’t mean squat. It all should be fun to watch.
              Now that's some good stuff. The sports psychologist thing is wacky. Let's go Flyers and let's go [Carter] Hart.
              DB

Comment

Giroux has been a stud in the playoffs before. It would be nice to see him shut up the neganellies.
                He has scored one more goal than me in the playoffs since 2014.
                He was the only forward on the team to play all three games and failed to register a point.
                The only guy that had more ice time than him has been Couturier.
                How is that even possible?

Comment

I guess we’ll see. But to say that he doesn’t even have a chance to shine is simply inane.

Comment

The good news is that he can only go up from here. You have to admit the criticism is warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      The good news is that he can only go up from here. You have to admit the criticism is warranted.
                      For me he gets a Forever Pass for fucking up the Pussy Crosby.
                      DB

Comment

'Forever Passes' are only granted to winners (Ex: Foles). The Flyers have been irrelevant for years and he's a declining asset at this point. It's time to move on without him. He's only got a couple years left on his contract so a trade is now somewhat manageable. It's a shame Nolan Patrick isn't working out (health wise). As always, it's better to trade a player a year early than a year late.

Comment

'Forever Passes' are only granted to winners (Ex: Foles). The Flyers have been irrelevant for years and he's a declining asset at this point. It's time to move on without him. He's only got a couple years left on his contract so a trade is now somewhat manageable. It's a shame Nolan Patrick isn't working out (health wise). As always, it's better to trade a player a year early than a year late.
                          Level of Agreement: 99.9%

And I definitely overstated Giroux deserving a FP. However, what say you on this top of mind list, some of whom are not champions?

Bernie Parent
                          Bobby Clarke
                          The Answer
                          Cole Hamels
                          Randall Cunningham
                          Harold Carmichael

DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

Level of Agreement: 99.9%

And I definitely overstated Giroux deserving a FP. However, what say you on this top of mind list, some of whom are not champions?

Bernie Parent
                            Bobby Clarke
                            The Answer
                            Cole Hamels
                            Randall Cunningham
                            Harold Carmichael

Hamels, Parent and Clarke get a free pass. No doubt. The rest will qualify for a discounted pass. Coffee is for closers.

Comment

Hamels, Parent and Clarke get a free pass. No doubt. The rest will qualify for a discounted pass. Coffee is for closers.
                              Wilbert Montgomery?
                              Dick Vermiel?
                              Pat Croce?
                              DB

Comment

Working...
                              X