State of Philadelphia Sports: Sad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Philadelphia Sports: Sad!

Frankly, it's ugly. Assuming they all play their seasons, the best we can hope for from this collection of sorry franchises is a 9-7 finish for the Eagles. Maybe.

Phloundering Phils: Wow, they are just painfully, predictably, pitiful. You could expand the wildcard again, and the Island of Misfit Pitchers in the bullpen would probably still gag up games. This team has a glimmer of hope for the future in some of the youngsters, but the prospects over the next 3 years look pretty much the same as now, particularly because of the luxury tax self limit.

Flubbing Flyers: Loki was right. You got some old guys who can't score. Without Carter Hart standing on his head the score after the first period should've been 3-0 at least. Still, the next 3 years is probably most hopeful for this team, as they can shed some of the deadwood and perhaps get a sniper or two that will want to match the level of competition shown by the Isles.

Sixers: Speaking of retarded Jerruh like long term planetary extinction level management... this team is toast. The two "superstars" have not progressed their games since they were drafted. Can you trade Embiid for any kind of value? I'd do it before he gets injured again. You're gonna have to chew on Horford's contract for the next 3 years, so Process 2.0 here we come...

Eagles: I honestly have no clue but don't like the look of the OL at this point. Can Miles Sanders go? Will the WRs show up? Will the safeties play? Will the games be played? There are injuries, sure, but sounds like the defense is getting to the QBs consistently in practice. Which can only mean that Wentz is going to be under pressure. Over/under on games until we see hurts and Hurts? I put it at 4 1/2. Just behind the Flyers on the next three year hopefulness scale though.
    DB

We knew the Phillies didn't have a bullpen. We knew Klentak sucks. They're irrelevant.

We knew the Sixers didn't have shooters. We knew Brand sucks. They're irrelevant.

We knew Giroux wouldn't show up for the playoffs and it appears the rest of the team has now followed his lead (He has a whopping 3 goals over his last 29 playoff games). We knew they wouldn't be relevant until they brought up Hart. Unfortunately, they are getting the '90's NJ Devils trap' flashbacks. They're most likely not getting past this round. Their priority in the off season is to move Giroux, Voracek, and JVR which may be challenging. Hopefully, the Seattle expansion draft helps make this more of a reality.

As far as the Eagles, I'm confident they fucked up the draft so I guess all we can do is let it play out.

Comment

Yeah, not looking forward to this season. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it's probably going to be mediocre and then we'll have to sit through an even more drawn out CBA negotiation than last time.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        We knew the Phillies didn't have a bullpen. We knew Klentak sucks. They're irrelevant.

We knew the Sixers didn't have shooters. We knew Brand sucks. They're irrelevant.

We knew Giroux wouldn't show up for the playoffs and it appears the rest of the team has now followed his lead (He has a whopping 3 goals over his last 29 playoff games). We knew they wouldn't be relevant until they brought up Hart. Unfortunately, they are getting the '90's NJ Devils trap' flashbacks. They're most likely not getting past this round. Their priority in the off season is to move Giroux, Voracek, and JVR which may be challenging. Hopefully, the Seattle expansion draft helps make this more of a reality.

As far as the Eagles, I'm confident they fucked up the draft so I guess all we can do is let it play out.
        so in other words...

DB

Comment

Bring pro sports back to Philadelphia!
          Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

And there’s also the Union. They’re run like one of those EPL teams that want to spend just enough and not a penny more to stay up with the big boy league. Where’s that guy who ran his dad’s furniture store? Maybe he could buy one of the teams.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
            X