Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foles couldn't beat out Trubisky for starting QB

Yikes!!!
    Last edited by Spartan92; 09-04-2020, 08:54 PM.

Trubisky was always going to be the starter

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
      Trubisky was always going to be the starter
      Ya, Mitch was one of the worst starting Qb's in the NFL last year. They traded for Foles for a conditional 4th and guaranteed him $21 million, I'm sure that was to be a back up their already shit starter lol "considering it was an open competition in camp"

Edit to add: and they declined Mitch's 5th year option meaning he was never their long term solution thus bringing in Foles so not sure what our point is
      Last edited by Spartan92; 09-05-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
        Yikes!!!
        He beat out Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. That's all that matters.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

That's for damn sure no doubt and love him for it forever!

Comment

owned

Comment

Well ... he was certainly the quarterback for a Super Bowl winner against a team with Brady at QB ... and won't ever pay for a drink in a bar that I'm in ... but I'm not sure I'd say he "beat out" the guy who threw for over 500 yards in that Super Bowl.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Well ... he was certainly the quarterback for a Super Bowl winner against a team with Brady at QB ... and won't ever pay for a drink in a bar that I'm in ... but I'm not sure I'd say he "beat out" the guy who threw for over 500 yards in that Super Bowl.
                FOLES HOLDING THAT TROPHY AND BRADY HOLDING HIS DICK MAKES HIM THE 'BEAT HIM OUT' IN HUMBLE OPINION.

EDIT TO ADD: BUT I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM.
                Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 09-06-2020, 05:06 PM.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

If you want to nitpick, they had the same number of completions, same number of turnovers and same number of passing TD's although Foles also caught a TD in one of the greatest plays in SB history. Oh yeah, Foles also WON THE GAME. I suppose Pats fans everywhere are taking solace in the fact that Brady threw for more yards. C'mon man!!!
                  Last edited by McCarthy12; 09-07-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Double post.
                    Last edited by McCarthy12; 09-07-2020, 11:51 AM.

Comment

If you want to nitpick, they had the same number of completions, same number of turnovers and same number of passing TD's although Foles also caught a TD in one of the greatest plays in SB history. Oh yeah, Foles also WON THE GAME. I suppose Pats fans everywhere are taking solace in the fact that Brady threw for more yards. C'mon man!!!
                      Come on what?

It cracks me up when fans of a team get their briefs in a bunch over someone else not blindly sucking the hometown dick.

If you had said that you don't give a fuck if Foles can't beat out Minchew or Trubisky because he won the Super Bowl for the Eagles ... fine ... neither do I.

But suggesting that he "beat out" a guy with six total rings who threw for 500 yards in the same game, simply because the other guys' team lost that game, is horse shit and you know it.

And my point has nothing to do with Pats fans taking solace either ... but I'm pretty sure you know that also.

EDITED TO ADD: And if you think about it ... my statement about it being unfair to single out Brady as who Foles "beat out" in that game is actually a compliment to Foles.
                      Last edited by slag; 09-07-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Come on what?

It cracks me up when fans of a team get their briefs in a bunch over someone else not blindly sucking the hometown dick.

If you had said that you don't give a fuck if Foles can't beat out Minchew or Trubisky because he won the Super Bowl for the Eagles ... fine ... neither do I.

But suggesting that he "beat out" a guy with six total rings who threw for 500 yards in the same game, simply because the other guys' team lost that game, is horse shit and you know it.

And my point has nothing to do with Pats fans taking solace either ... but I'm pretty sure you know that also.

EDITED TO ADD: And if you think about it ... my statement about it being unfair to single out Brady as who Foles "beat out" in that game is actually a compliment to Foles.
                        1. I strenously object (A Few Good Men reference) to your raising Brady's other SB victories. We're talking about who outplayed who in one game. Completely irrelevant.

2. I addressed his 500 passing yards by pointing out stats that, IMO, paint a picture of two pretty even performances. I'll break the tie with the guy who was more clutch and won the game. You apparently think that is a very unreasonable position, which confuses me.

Last edited by McCarthy12; 09-07-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Also, the Ealges had the 5th overall defense per DVOA. #1 Rushing/#8 Passing defense. Patriots had the 31st ranked defense. 23rd against the run and 30th against the pass.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...m-defense/2017
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

1. I strenously object (A Few Good Men reference) to your raising Brady's other SB victories. We're talking about who outplayed who in one game. Completely irrelevant.

2. I addressed his 500 passing yards by pointing out stats that, IMO, paint a picture of two pretty even performances. I'll break the tie with the guy who was more clutch and won the game. You apparently think that is a very unreasonable position, which confuses me.

I think Brady's resume is relevant when the discussion started in the context of Foles' resume ... and, as for the Super Bowl, I don't thing the Eagles won that game because Foles outplayed Brady ... they both played well enough to win it ... and, as previously indicated, its a hell of a compliment to Foles that he played on that stage as well as Brady did on a 500-yard day ... xxoo

EDITED TO ADD: I'm extending this frankly stupid argument primarily because I've been Jonesing for a football vortex in this fucking pandemic for a while now
                            Last edited by slag; 09-07-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I would guess that this was the point of McCarthy's post, and he only said "beat out Brady" because that was the language Sparty used. At least that was my takeaway.

Comment

Working...
                              X