So what's all this BS with Ertz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's all this BS with Ertz?

Is Howie pulling a Banner?...his stats don't lie...wants to be an Eagle for life.

maybe it is just a stupid play to get Ertz to take a more team friendly deal. Say what you want about Goedart but he is no Ertz and the dude is reliable. Maybe Goedart can be great as a #1 but Ertz has already been and proven year in and out, you don't let that walk especially when your WR corps is still suspect.

Edit to add: Hope Reagor becomes a beast but Jackson is always hurt, Ward is a great slot option but not a legit true #1, Alshon well we know he is a 1a at best and JJAW fuck
    Last edited by Spartan92; 09-11-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I find all the Ertz hate to be very misguided, but the Eagles will be in an awful cap situation next year and Howie will have to make a tough decision. It might not be the end of the world if they go with Goedert after 2020.

Comment

This reminds me of the Ryan Howard contract....everyone wanted him made a Phillie for life. Then we did it, and it was a shitty, un-tradeable contract

Comment

Ertz is only 29 and Carson's "go to" guy...sure hope they get this done

Comment

And Howard blowing out his Achilles had nothing to do with anything. If Ertz has a career ending injury is quite different in the world of football contracts.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

People who say Goddert is ready I say so what, is it not better to have 2 guys that are considered #1 TE's in case one get's hurt. And on this team its likely. Ertz deserves a new deal but he cannot go any where for a while. He is under contract through 2021 and they could franchise him after that.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                I find all the Ertz hate to be very misguided, but the Eagles will be in an awful cap situation next year and Howie will have to make a tough decision. It might not be the end of the world if they go with Goedert after 2020.
                You may be right but getting rid of the guy who has led (if not top 2) the team in receiving yards and receptions 4 years in a row and is basically a stud, still in his prime and your franchise Qb's go to guy makes no sense. Ertz is a nightmare mismatch for anyone. There are a lot of overpaid players that should go well before Ertz. Jeffery @ $18M will be gone, Graham will be 33 and while a fan favorite not worth $18M Malik Jackson no way to keep him @ $13M with Fletch and Hargorve in the mix. Djax's replacement apparently is Raegor so his $11M is not worth it. Right there are 4 guys I would let walk worth around $60mill in cap space long before I even consider Ertz and all are very replaceable. Shit, 3 didn't even or barely played last year so no loss but if Ertz didn't play last year we don't even sniff the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                X