No announcement yet.

If we had a real preseason I might be calling for a QB controversy right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we had a real preseason I might be calling for a QB controversy right now

Maybe I still am calling for one
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I would agree except both teams had the same handicap, but Wentz’s boneheaded rookie mistakes give me serious doubts.

He should not repeating those type of errors at this point in his career...he has plateaued. Quality back up material in the making.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
      I would agree except both teams had the same handicap, but Wentz’s boneheaded rookie mistakes give me serious doubts.

He should not repeating those type of errors at this point in his career...he has plateaued. Quality back up material in the making.
      He’s way too good to be a backup, but it’s the inconsistency, fumbles, etc. He’s hard to trust.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

He’s way too good to be a backup, but it’s the inconsistency, fumbles, etc. He’s hard to trust.
        Those Ints were inexcusable, more so the second one since it was almost identical to the first. Getting sacked by hanging onto the ball too long,( especially the one that hurt our FG chances) starring down WRs, throwing high the entire game...he should be aware enough at this point in his career.

Like I said, he has plateaued.
        Last edited by Raptor; 09-13-2020, 04:30 PM.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Fifth season. He's disappointing. McNabb was better.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

The game sums up what we’ve seen of Wentz so far. Looked great/elite on the first 3 drives - if he plays like that all the time he is MVP caliber. Same game, same defense he also looks atrocious with mistakes that probably cost them the game.

Comment

I'm as pissed as you all but no pre-season hurt in timing with rookie receivers...both Reagor and Hightower had to run better routes on the the INT's (basing this on what I could make on gamecast)

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Maybe I still am calling for one
                One other problem, we have no other QB's

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                  Dont hop on Mcnabb dick now

Comment

I'm not ready to give up on Wentz but drafting Hurts looks better now.

Comment

Originally posted by smg View Post

Dont hop on Mcnabb dick now
                      McNabb wasn't the GOAT but Wentz was really bad today.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                        McNabb was a few years into being one of the best QBs in the NFL in his 5th season. This team would crush with young McNabb.
                        Last edited by art vandelay; 09-13-2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

When I saw what they trotted out on the field today, I immediately picked up the Washington defense and started them in my fantasy league. I'm not saying Wentz didn't have a bad game but that offensive line, running game, and receiving core stings the nostrils. Wentz has tight ends. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                            When I saw what they trotted out on the field today, I immediately picked up the Washington defense and started them in my fantasy league. I'm not saying Wentz didn't have a bad game but that offensive line, running game, and receiving core stings the nostrils. Wentz has tight ends. That's it.
                            They managed to jump ahead 17-0 with the defense playing well. Wentz looking bad with that supporting cast is one thing but I don’t expect him to give the game away like he did today.

Comment

As I've posted before, I'm a fan of having a running game to take some of the pressure off your QB. Scott and Clement are not the answer. They're not real backups. The wideouts still blow. The problem is they are running an offense that relies too much on the QB. They've been doing this for years now. Big Balls needs to run the offense like he has the backup QB in there. When you build the offense correctly, there will games you win on the running game alone. Someone asked earlier on here why nobody was talking about the upcoming season. After that shitty draft, we kinda knew this would happen. Howie has jumped the shark and his shitty drafts has caught up to this team.

Comment

Working...
                              X