Wentz v McNabb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz v McNabb

McNabb gets a lot of crap but in his fifth year he had won 5 playoff games and been to 3 NFC Championship games.

This says more about McNabb than Wentz. McNabb was one of the best QBs in the NFL for 5 years. Wentz is on the next tier, but his 2017 season made him look like an elite QB.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
      McNabb gets a lot of crap but in his fifth year he had won 5 playoff games and been to 3 NFC Championship games.
      And we don't sniff a Lombardi without Wentz in 2017 what's your point?

Edit to add: also had a phenomenal defense all those years with an incredible DC not our dumbass DC which makes a huge difference
      Last edited by Spartan92; 09-13-2020, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

And we don't sniff a Lombardi without Wentz in 2017 what's your point?

Edit to add: also had a phenomenal defense all those years with an incredible DC not our dumbass DC which makes a huge difference
        My point is that Wentz has not won anything. If you look at McNabb’s teams during his run he was available to take the next step.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          This says more about McNabb than Wentz. McNabb was one of the best QBs in the NFL for 5 years. Wentz is on the next tier, but his 2017 season made him look like an elite QB.
          Bingo. And he gets a lot of credit for what Foles did in the toughest games.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post

My point is that Wentz has not won anything. If you look at McNabb’s teams during his run he was available to take the next step.
            Yes, Wentz has never won anything and been hurt no doubt but McNabb had incredible defenses that helped win those games and I am more than sure he sucked balls in numerous games during those runs and lost those games for us as shown below:

2002 NFC CHAMP GAME: 26/49 243yds 0 tds 1 int 2 lost fumbles 58.5 rating

2003 NFC CHAMP GAME: 10/22 100yds 0 tds 3 int 19.3 rating apparently hurt his ribs (or did he tap out)

2004 SUPER BOWL: Do I even need to go there? Int Int Int Puke Puke Puke

We all know McNabb was a borderline hall of fame player but the knock on him was he always chocked in the big moments. Your point is valid we haven't even gotten to see Wentz get a chance to choke yet lolol

What I can't understand about Wentz is how he is Jekyll and Hyde in the same game. Qb's go on runs and slumps but usually not in the same game it's over a series of games. This dude has repeatedly gone from HOF to bust in the same game way too many times it's incredulous!

Comment

Working...
            X