Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No excuses for Carson’s shitty footwork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No excuses for Carson’s shitty footwork.

After all these years just relying on his athleticism and not fundamentals and technique. Too many balls sailing high.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

I am having my doubts about him getting it together. Hard not to be impressed by the arm and athleticism and think “he will be great”, but I’m no longer in that boat. He can be great...but will he?

Comment

It's all on him ... coaching is irrelevant
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        He throws a lot of balls with just his arm and shoulder strength. He doesn’t plant his feet, twist the hips etc.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

After five seasons, probably. He already knows everything.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Gotta be honest, I've supported the guy since go but in year 5 he shouldn't have any mechanics issues at all. I mean he makes RB's look like they are magicians catching the ball on screen passes. He is either lazer sharp or horribly off one play to the next and can't be eltie doing that. Guy is so frustrating.

Ya I put a lot of blame on coaching but they aren't air mailing balls or throwing pedestrian play passes 2 yards too far ahead of the receiver either. At some point we gotta put some of this on 11.
            ​​​​​​
            Last edited by Spartan92; 09-20-2020, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Gotta be honest, I've supported the guy since go but in year 5 he shouldn't have any mechanics issues at all. I mean he makes RB's look like they are magicians catching the ball on screen passes. He is either lazer sharp or horribly off one play to the next and can't be eltie doing that. Guy is so frustrating.

Ya I put a lot of blame on coaching but they aren't air mailing balls or throwing pedestrian play passes 2 yards too far ahead of the receiver either. At some point we gotta put some of this on 11.
              ​​​​​​
              I'm not knowledgable enough to know if his footwork is off but I played enough sports (and still play golf) to know that mechanics can go off the rails at any time for any player.

Every MLB hitter knows how to hit a baseball ... every PGA golfer knows how to hit a golf ball ... and they all work with coaches on mechanics.

And every NFL QB knows how to throw and move their feet, but they can all get into bad habits ... good coaches see it and fucking fix it.

Comment

I'm not knowledgable enough to know if his footwork is off but I played enough sports (and still play golf) to know that mechanics can go off the rails at any time for any player.

Every MLB hitter knows how to hit a baseball ... every PGA golfer knows how to hit a golf ball ... and they all work with coaches on mechanics.

And every NFL QB knows how to throw and move their feet, but they can all get into bad habits ... good coaches see it and fucking fix it.
                I am sure they can identify some simple things for him to correct but I wouldn't want a QB like Wentz to be reined in too much either. Great QBs like Rodgers, Mahomes, Roethlisberger(someone that Wentz was compered to early on) have plenty of tape showing bad mechanics while simultaneously making great plays.

One thing I worry about coaching wise is if they are cautiously hammering it into his head to stay in the pocket and not to use his legs. While risky, there is no doubt Wentz is at his best when he is consistently extending plays with his legs.

Comment

good coaches see it and fucking fix it.
                  Perhaps some coaches make the knowledge stick better than others. Or maybe some players just never internalize the lessons.

Comment

All of you are making these sweeping Wentz is a bum suggestions based on two games ... when previously everyone pretty much agreed he was a franchise QB and his problem was staying on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

I am sure they can identify some simple things for him to correct but I wouldn't want a QB like Wentz to be reined in too much either. Great QBs like Rodgers, Mahomes, Roethlisberger(someone that Wentz was compered to early on) have plenty of tape showing bad mechanics while simultaneously making great plays.

One thing I worry about coaching wise is if they are cautiously hammering it into his head to stay in the pocket and not to use his legs. While risky, there is no doubt Wentz is at his best when he is consistently extending plays with his legs.
                      This I agree with 100% and it would be a travesty as that is when 11 is at his best. If either 11 or the coaching staff are playing with fear of injury this will never get fixed.

Edit to add:imagine telling Russ, Mahomes or Rodgers not to improvise or use their legs but this is an assumption but judging by his fragile history a very good one
                      Last edited by Spartan92; 09-21-2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X