Wentz > than bad NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz > than bad NFL

As annoying and aggravating as the league has become, we have the rare opportunity to watch a phenom become a superstar. Those of you who choose to tune out do so at the risk of missing what this kid is doing, and in all my 40+ years watching this game, we have never had a talent like this before, not even McNabb in his heyday. In 2004 5 put up 31 TDs with TO to throw to, and 7 games in Wentz is on pace to blow that number up, without a HOF caliber receiver. Last night he threw 4 Tds to 4 different receivers, 2 of which never had an NFL TD before, amazing doesn't come close to describing how that happened. How he even got the ball to Clement with two defenders pulling him down was unbelievable. I may have issues with the game, but tuning out the iggs with Carson on the field is ridiculous and a damn shame if life long Eagle fans don't realize how exciting this kid is already. And as Ray Diddy pointed out, 'we are just scratching the surface with Wentz.'
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

i think the most amazing thing is the way that he spreads the ball around.

Comment

I don't think anyone on this bored is tuning Wentz out....

.....just pumping the brakes.

He is playing well for the first half of his second year and it's encouraging the rest of the team and coaching appear to be improving.

But it's not like we haven't seen this before.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

When exactly have we seen THIS before?

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

He is playing well for the first half of his second year and it's encouraging the rest of the team and coaching appear to be improving.

As good as 5 was in his early years, he was not like Wentz. He ran a hell of a lot more and his ability to make big plays through the air was never this good. I've been watching them since Jaws was under center and have never seen a QB play like this kid, in Eagles green anyway. Derrick Gunn put it best, the kid is Houdini in Green, and he is still learning the game.
        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Wentz has been very good this season but we've seen QBs get hot like this before. Aside from McNabb I remember 2010 Mike Vick looked like a future hall of famer before he came back down to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
            As good as 5 was in his early years, he was not like Wentz. He ran a hell of a lot more and his ability to make big plays through the air was never this good. I've been watching them since Jaws was under center and have never seen a QB play like this kid, in Eagles green anyway. Derrick Gunn put it best, the kid is Houdini in Green, and he is still learning the game.
            I agree with this. I know hot streaks come and go, but what we're seeing with Carson... no, I most definitely haven't seen this before.

Comment

Of course not... my self defense mechanism is just kicking up to full gear. This team has fucked me up real bad mentally over the years. I can admit that now.

Comment

The overreaction ....plenty

[QUOTE=Birdwatcher;1889953]As good as 5 was in his early years, he was not like Wentz. He ran a hell of a lot more and his ability to make big plays through the air was never this good. I've been watching them since Jaws was under center and have never seen a QB play like this kid, in Eagles green anyway. Derrick Gunn put it best, the kid is Houdini in Green, and he is still learning the game.[/QUOTE

And if you really been watching that long you know the "trap" of getting caught up in the hype.(Vermeil's Eagles, Rocketman hype, Reid's McNabb)

This kid hasn't even had a complete winning season yet....let's see some post season success or a championship then I will annoint him.

I'm not saying he can't do it but "show me",I'm not into potential, just do it.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

This ain't a Nick Foles situation. This dude is a legitimate freak.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Bwahahaha...Nick Foles

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                    This ain't a Nick Foles situation. This dude is a legitimate freak.
                    ...puhllleeeze......you think I'm comparing the current hype trend with Foles??

Silly Rabbit.

Comment

i'm with birdwatcher on this one. first of all, i don't think what we saw from mcnabb was a QB "getting hot." he was great for 5 years, even though for 4 of those years he had no WRs. what wentz is doing right now is comparable to what mcnabb did in 04, but he's doing it in his second season and without a HOF talent at WR. the dude is something special.

vick was a mirage but i don't think wentz is comparable at all. i think we knew what we had to be afraid of vick turning into, and despite our hopes to the contrary, he fell back down to earth.

Comment

Wentz passes the eye test but we're talking about a 7 game stretch here. Like you said McNabb was great for YEARS - playoff wins and all...I am reluctant to say I've never seen a QB like Wentz before, even if I do think he is pretty damn good.

Comment

Working...
                        X