Why are they so affraid to fire Schwartz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are they so affraid to fire Schwartz

Makes no sense at all. Defense is one of the worst 3 years running.

Schwartz deserves a lot of the blame but the tackling is horrible. Of course if the LB could cover a missed tackle now and then isn’t so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Igglesphan20 View Post
      Schwartz deserves a lot of the blame but the tackling is horrible. Of course if the LB could cover a missed tackle now and then isn’t so bad.
      Who coaches the tackling champ?? Teach them to wrap the player up not dive in with tthe shoulder which has been Schwartz special since he got here!

You are new here but I assume you aren't new to Schwartz's defense lol

Comment

Maybe this is why.

Reuben Frank

@RoobNBCS
        ·
        42m
        Four games in, the Eagles’ defense is #1 in the NFL in sacks, #9 in yards allowed, #5 in yards per play allowed and #5 on third down.Reuben Frank

Comment

Yup. Seems weird but they've been in the top half of NFL defenses every season under Schwanz. Top ten a few times.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

What game did you watch last night? Defense was literally the only reason why the Eagles won. Schwartz is problem number 42 regarding this team

Comment

im not..Ive fired him 10 times already!
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                Makes no sense at all. Defense is one of the worst 3 years running.
                IMO - it is always about the alternative. It would be hard to find someone significantly better and a replacement could easily be worse.

Take a look at the scoreboards from the first four weeks. The vast majority of winning teams will score 30+ points in those games. If I counted correctly in week 4, 11 of 15 winners scored more than 30 and one of the 4 who did not was KC who would typically exceed 30. In week 3, again, 11 of 15 winners scored 30+ (the 4 winners less than 30 scored 28,28,24 and 21 points).

Trust me, I'd love to have an 80s or 90s defense that only allows 10-14 points per game. However, in today's game, my general opinion is if the birds defense allows 24 points or less, they did their job and gave the team a chance to win. 24-28 points and they are still okay as the offense needs to carry some games. Less than 20 is stellar and there is no reason to lose those games with a HC who is offensive minded.

If you want to be depressed, I quickly counted that the birds have only scored 30+ in 6 of their last 21 games. That is my biggest worry. We have a HC with a primary focus on offense with an offensive background, and we struggle to put points on the board.

Comment

Far bigger problems than the defense

Comment

It's head scratching how easy people give this defense and Schwartz a pass the minute we get a win lol

We lost to the fucking team from Washington (I repeat, Washington) who scored 27 lol and they stink and they couldn't get a stop for the life of them!

Rams hung nearly 40 on us (450 total yards and nearly 200 rushing yards - yup real winner of an effort!)

Bengals well better effort but still couldn't beat a rook and allowed over 300+ yards

and the 49 was maybe their best game but they started who at QB lol

Sure they lead the league in sacks but in the end this is not a really good defense and has not played any really good offenses. The one time they did (Rams) they got shredded.

Schwartz's defense is shit. Predictable and soft. Gerry gets abused by a TE and makes no adjustments to help at all and next game trots out the same game plan. No Bueno.

Comment

Working...
                    X