Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wentz can't keep running as much as last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz can't keep running as much as last night.

I hesitate to post this but I believe it.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

That's really what's kept them in the past two games. Considering the state of the OL and WRs I don't think there's another option. He'll have to be smart about going down at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      That's really what's kept them in the past two games. Considering the state of the OL and WRs I don't think there's another option. He'll have to be smart about going down at the right time.
      Agree but I don't like it.

He doesn't appear to know how to slide. Another Vick.

Comment

The offense is still poorly run. Wentz will get hurt if nothing changes. It's inevitable. We all remember how he got hurt on that diving play against the Rams. We've watched him do the same thing several times this year. He hasn't learned how not to take a hit which is very troubling. It's only a matter of time until he's going to be limping off the field or carted off.

Comment

Some guys like Russell Wilson have a knack for not taking a big hit. Carson isn't one of those guys.

I don't think the offense is poorly run. More like they're missing half of it.

Comment

There has to be an adjustment at some point. They know the line is shot and they don't have wideouts. They are putting their QB at risk by not taking more off his plate. At the very least, can they bring back the screen pass? Last week, they ran Scott right up the middle several times. Sanders is still not being used enough (I'm hoping he's just not 100% yet). Wentz had 7 carries on Sunday. That's not good. I feel like I'm watching Embiid play where he's trying to do too much. It's not a coincidence both end up hurt every year. At this point, I think the three best teams in the NFC are Green Bay, Seattle, and New Orleans. All three of those teams have helped their QB by taking things off their plate by running the ball, screen passes, etc,. I just don't see this here. I still think this team needed to bring in another running back. Too late now.
            Last edited by Snakebitten; 10-06-2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

its what made him so dangerous his rookie year..I know they were holding him back the last few years..I say when its there run and get down or out of bounds...needs to be a threat with his feet and arm,,,its the trend in the league
              Last edited by TRENT; 10-06-2020, 10:56 PM.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                The offense is still poorly run. Wentz will get hurt if nothing changes. It's inevitable. We all remember how he got hurt on that diving play against the Rams. We've watched him do the same thing several times this year. He hasn't learned how not to take a hit which is very troubling. It's only a matter of time until he's going to be limping off the field or carted off.
                Does "poorly run" mean shitty protection? If so, I agree.

EDITED TO ADD: DIdn't read your follow up post ... and you, in effect, answered the above ... and I agree that their play calling is not exactly tip top either. I can't tell you how many times I've called the play they run before it happens ... and Doug's razzle dazzle bullshit hasn't fooled one defense this year that I can remember.

Misdirection jet sweeps go nowhere ... snap to Hurts with a throwback option to Wentz is totally covered ... etc
                Last edited by slag; 10-06-2020, 01:28 PM.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Does "poorly run" mean shitty protection? If so, I agree.
                  Yeah. Hard to evaluate anything when the O-line is so ragtag.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Yeah. Hard to evaluate anything when the O-line is so ragtag.
                    I may be a bit hard on the play calling because you're likely right that they have to take a lot of shit out of the playbook with the team they're putting on the field.

EDITED TO ADD: And it's likely that some of the shit they run doesn't get guys open because of the guys trying to get open, not the play.
                    Last edited by slag; 10-06-2020, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      I hesitate to post this but I believe it.
                      Fuck that. He sucks otherwise. Run him into the ground.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

I may be a bit hard on the play calling because you're likely right that they have to take a lot of shit out of the playbook with the team they're putting on the field.

EDITED TO ADD: And it's likely that some of the shit they run doesn't get guys open because of the guys trying to get open, not the play.
                        Doug is far from perfect but I think he manages a much better game than Andy did. Low bar I know. Andy's strengths are elsewhere.

As an unprofessional observer, I give Doug a 7.5 on a scale of 1-10.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

Worst case scenario: he gets injured again. *shrugs shoulders*
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

He's no Sam Bradford

Comment

Working...
                            X