Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Van Halen RIP

That sucks.

Knew he had cancer for years,,,very sad,,saw them with David back in the day and VanHagar,,,great shows,,we cover several of his songs in our band in the 80's,,,

Changed how the guitar was played and influenced a generation
    Last edited by TRENT; 10-06-2020, 04:21 PM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

I remember going to see Black Sabbath and Foghat at the Spectrum, and they had this unknown warm up band called Van Halen. Only concert I remember where a warm up band reeled in the audience like that, they were insanely good. That was a hell of a night, and I believe it cost less than 10 bucks a seat...the good old days are over.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Van Halen was totally into cars. Owned a Lambo that actually appeared on one of his songs. Because of this link he was also associated with the Earnhardt racing family. They had a falling out. Earnhardt Senior perished in a crash that most spectators thought would have been unlikely to be a fatality. Much later, Dale Jr's plane crashed but he and his family survived. Van Halen had litigation after their falling out. http://www.olenyork.com/blog/tag/Van+Halen

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          I remember going to see Black Sabbath and Foghat at the Spectrum, and they had this unknown warm up band called Van Halen. Only concert I remember where a warm up band reeled in the audience like that, they were insanely good. That was a hell of a night, and I believe it cost less than 10 bucks a seat...the good old days are over.
          Bummer about Eddie ... RIP

Interesting that you had a story about Foghat and the warm up band because I went to a Foghat concert back in the early 70's and J. Geils opened the concert and was so fucking good that I don't think Foghat wanted to come out (they did, of course)
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
          X