No announcement yet.

Wentz not the issue on this team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were definitely a few errant throws and panic-driven choices. Granted he's human and he's under a lot of pressure from the patchwork OL...but he does make some unforced errors as well.

Comment

Wentz needs to learn to throw the ball away. It is difficult to understand how he doesn’t have this skill in his set five years into the NFL. Pat Mahomes won’t give up on a play but he sure as shit knows to throw the ball away.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
        There were definitely a few errant throws and panic-driven choices. Granted he's human and he's under a lot of pressure from the patchwork OL...but he does make some unforced errors as well.
        Who said there weren't errant throws?

BTW - Because I can't go to games this year, I purchased the streaming NFL Sunday Ticket, and have recently intentionally watched other franchise QB's in their games with the same dissect-every-play analysis that I apply to Wentz ... lo and behold I discovered they all fuck up throws and make dumb fuck mistakes.
        Last edited by slag; 10-23-2020, 11:03 AM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Agreed. But my original point is that the combination of Wentz making (understandable) mistakes and Pederson calling bonehead plays is making for cascading failure. The system isn't working, and it's not a simple problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
            Wentz needs to learn to throw the ball away. It is difficult to understand how he doesn’t have this skill in his set five years into the NFL. Pat Mahomes won’t give up on a play but he sure as shit knows to throw the ball away.
            This.

IDK if it's a function of his college career when he played competition that he was so far above that he could extend plays beyond their reasonable "life" but it is the most serious shortcoming that I see (along with knowing when to slide and run OB).

And while this is ultimately on him ... I believe good coaches would rid him of that better than what is happening in Philadelphia.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

This.

IDK if it's a function of his college career when he played competition that he was so far above that he could extend plays beyond their reasonable "life" but it is the most serious shortcoming that I see (along with knowing when to slide and run OB).

And while this is ultimately on him ... I believe good coaches would rid him of that better than what is happening in Philadelphia.
              Wentz has a low football IQ. 5th year in and he still can't read defenses. More than likely he never will. He only has success when the he's able to extend a broken play and is able to improvise.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                Agreed. But my original point is that the combination of Wentz making (understandable) mistakes and Pederson calling bonehead plays is making for cascading failure. The system isn't working, and it's not a simple problem.
                What's a good play call for Wentz? He's got multiple receivers on every call. Plus he can audible. You can lead a horse to water ....
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                X