Michael Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Thomas

Rumors swirling that NO going to be sellers and they are pretty much done with Brees and Thomas. Now don't know how true it is that Thomas would be available but if so fuck it throw the kitchen sink at NO for him. 2 1sts or whatever it takes.

Howie can't draft anyways so total waste to hold onto picks and Thomas is a one man WR group by himself. Get rid of all the old folks and Carson will be set with Thomas, Raegor, Fulgham and Ward. Goedart and another TE and ya I would move Ertz to bring in Thomas.

What's the point of having picks to waste them on jagoffs and chumps, bring in the best in the league at his position and give Carson a legit #1 for once.

Again, if true he is well worth the money and the picks.

Two firsts? No fucking way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
      Two firsts? No fucking way.
      cause you trust Howie with draft picks lol Why not get a top 2 player at his position and top 10 in the league instead of drafting 2 more jagoffs?

And why to people make it such a big issue. 1 of the draft picks would already be spent on a player in the 2021 draft (which I doubt will be anywhere near as good as MT) and then you are really only giving up 1 extra pick (which Howie will fuck up anyways)

Maybe he will draft a 3rd string QB in the 1st round this year

Comment

I would give up 2 1’s in a heartbeat for Thomas. The only issue is his contract. Howie fucked the cap up so badly that we have no shot to assume that contract

Comment

Giving up first round picks to get wideout you have to pay $20M+ per year makes zero sense for a team $60M+ over the cap next year. You don't spend three first rounders on wideouts over three years unless you're the Detroit Lions. I know Howie can't draft but this team really can't afford that contract.

Comment

I’d wager OL or DL with next year’s #1
            Oh, and then there’s this:

“Sean Payton responded in the most Sean Payton way on Saturday afternoon. From his personal Twitter account, Payton commented on a tweet from Bleacher Report by saying, "Insiders on the Outside where they belong."
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
              Giving up first round picks to get wideout you have to pay $20M+ per year makes zero sense for a team $60M+ over the cap next year. You don't spend three first rounders on wideouts over three years unless you're the Detroit Lions. I know Howie can't draft but this team really can't afford that contract.
              cap can be fixed. Get rid of old players. Lots of salaries can be dumped easily to make room. Post June cuts Djax, Goodwin, (trade Ertz, Malik, Jeffrey, Graham (need younger) and restructure Cox, Brooks and you can make it happen.

they need a legit threat, look what Hop did for AZ game changer!

Comment

It's not that easy. A team like Arizona can afford to pay Hopkins because they aren't paying their QB yet. At the end of the day, you can't trade draft picks if you are looking to cut all of those players. I agree this teams needs a WR1. They cannot afford one of the higher paid ones. Their ceiling is Howie finds Jesus, actually creates cap space, and they somehow sign Allen Robinson. Let's not forget the cap has a very good chance of being less next year.
                Last edited by Snakebitten; 10-25-2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                  It's not that easy. A team like Arizona can afford to pay Hopkins because they aren't paying their QB yet. At the end of the day, you can't trade draft picks if you are looking to cut all of those players. I agree this teams needs a WR1. They cannot afford one of the higher paid ones. Their ceiling is Howie finds Jesus, actually creates cap space, and they somehow sign Allen Robinson. Let's not forget the cap has a very good chance of being less next year.
                  Allen Robinson is not the answer. He is not a legit #1. He does not strike fear in anyone and no team need to gameplan for Allen fucking Robinson. He's slightly better than what we already have. This team needs a legit #1 for once like a TO.

And he is making $15 mill this year. What make you think he won't want at least that? Ya I take Thomas for $5 more thanks.

Comment

why didn't we draft Claypool or Jefferson, we have the worst scouts in the business

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTaylorGoldman View Post
                      why didn't we draft Claypool or Jefferson, we have the worst scouts in the business
                      Claypool was in the 2nd the pick there was Chinn (a no brainer). The idiocy of this organization is passing on Jefferson who fell in your lap to pick Reagor bc you want speed but Jefferson actually had a better 40 time that Reagor. I mean you can't make this shit up. Who knows if Reagor will work out but Jefferson sure is and everyone knew he would.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Allen Robinson is not the answer. He is not a legit #1. He does not strike fear in anyone and no team need to gameplan for Allen fucking Robinson. He's slightly better than what we already have. This team needs a legit #1 for once like a TO.

And he is making $15 mill this year. What make you think he won't want at least that? Ya I take Thomas for $5 more thanks.
                        The point is that this team needs to replace its aging players and doesn't have cap space. If you think they should trade up in the draft for "slam dunk" picks, that's fine. But they can't forego their chance to get players on their rookie deals in exchange for the highest paid player at a position.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

The point is that this team needs to replace its aging players and doesn't have cap space. If you think they should trade up in the draft for "slam dunk" picks, that's fine. But they can't forego their chance to get players on their rookie deals in exchange for the highest paid player at a position.
                          my point is with Howie making the picks I'd rather he trade them away for a game changer since he will fuck them up anyways. No faith at all that Howie will know what to do in the draft so go get one of the best players in the NFL that defenses have to double and triple team which will open up the offense for everyone else and oh by the way he could still beat double and triple teams.

It's all an indictment on Howie. If we had any semblance of a competent draft team I wouldn't suggest this at all.

Comment

They don't have the luxury of trading draft picks for a $20M wideout when you're in cap hell. In 2021, the Eagles are the second worst team in the NFL in cap space. Do you know who's the worst? The team trying to move Michael Thomas. We know Howie can't draft wideouts. That doesn't mean you sacrifice everything else. The money should always be spent in the trenches (QB and both lines). If they want to splurge, throw some money at a cornerback. The other positions need to be drafted. If they have to go through free agency or trade because the GM is a moron, they can only go after second tier talent/spend. I may have a different opinion if this team had a GM who could draft.

Comment

Working...
                            X