Thinking of moving to Philly next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of moving to Philly next year

My wife and I are thinking about our next move and Philadelphia seems to be at the top of both of our lists. We are both teachers (so not rich) and are curious as to what neighborhoods we should be looking in to. Not looking to buy right now but rent something in the $1500-$1800 range for 2 bedrooms (expecting our first kid next April) for the time being. I have been recommended Fish Town but just wanted to get some different insight from people who have lived (or currently live) in the city before. Times yours.

WHY?
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

To be closer to family and decent pay. We also just really like the city.
      Last edited by broadstreetparade; 11-10-2020, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I live 20 minutes outside of Philly in South Jersey. While the taxes are high, it's great place to raise kids with plenty of schools.

Comment

OK. FISHTOWN USED TO BE A ROUGH DRUG INFESTED NEIGHBORHOOD, RECENTLY IT HAS BEEN TURNING AROUND, WITH A BUNCH MICRO BREW BARS AND YUPPIE HANGOUTS
          PARKING IS, AT BEST, DIFFICULT.

DEPENDS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR AS A NEIGHBORHOOD TO LIVE IN.

IF YOU WANT MORE COUNTRY LIVING TRY UPPER BUCKS COUNTY. SHORT DRIVE TO PHILLY.
          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-10-2020, 12:25 PM.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

If you are going to stick with the DINC thing, the city is fine. But with kids, I'd have to say that the suburbs are a better option.

Comment

I appreciate the insight and will keep all of it in mind. We were supposed to go to Philadelphia at the end of the month to look around at some places but have since changed our plans with the country's most recent COVID outbreak. Hope to make it out there early next year after the holidays.
              Last edited by broadstreetparade; 11-12-2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X