We are making excuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are making excuses

For the 31st ranked passer in the NFL, in his fifth year with 67 starts* in the NFL.

32nd in completion percentage.
    30th in interception percentage.
    31st in yards per completion.

Most interceptions in the NFL.
    Most fumbles in the NFL.

I don’t care how crappy the receivers, coaches and line are. He should not have those kinds of statistics.

Could Hurts be worse?

* Nick Foles has 61 starts in the NFL, and we all think he’s washed up.

Carson’s best days under center in Philly are behind him. He will not get better people. The offensive line is trash, the receivers put no fear in opponents. Carson makes terrible decisions and can not protect the ball. Trade him before he gets another injury.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      I don't care how crappy the receivers, coaches and line are. He should not have those kinds of statistics.
      Why wouldn't you care? That's exactly why you would have those statistics.

So the solution is to put in a rookie QB that has no real offensive coordinator? You expect the coaches will now get creative with their offense? Press Taylor is going to work his magic? Big Balls is going to start running the ball? Did you see how they've used Hurts so far? I'm still waiting for this team to run a fucking screen pass.

Comment

I don’t care how crappy the receivers, coaches and line are. He should not have those kinds of statistics.
        But it's on the OL.

127137423_711556703108645_3413064194001648169_n.png
        Last edited by art vandelay; 11-23-2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          that means hightower was open... damn

Comment

Hurts can't be worse, but he can be pretty bad. I support sitting Wentz down if for no other reason to wake him the fuck up. Remember though, Hurts was benched by Saban at half time of the championship game. There was a reason for that. He can be confused and is college fast, but not NFL fast. And with this coaching staff he'll get chewed up and spit out.
            DB

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

that means hightower was open... damn
              It means the OL isn't excuse for Wentz being the worst QB in the NFL besides Drew Lock and Sam Darnold.

I'm not sure why you have a problem with that. Just a few days ago you posted that Wentz was terrible and that the deniers were moving the goal posts.

Comment

Everyone likes to go back to the benching McNabb scenario which really isn't an apples-to-apples comparison. I'll take another angle. After McNabb's fifth year, people were knocking him and the way the offense was run (rightfully so to some extent). McNabb was coming off a pedestrian year statistically so you know what they did? They brought him in a weapon. Guess what happened? He put up career statistics and went to the Super Bowl. I'm not asking for TO. I'm just asking for someone. Prior to this year, that guy was Ertz. Jeffrey was ok Carson's MVP year but he jumped the shark quick. Get Wentz a Mike Evans or Allen Robinson and I'm thinking we won't be talking about him holding on to the ball too long. I also don't think it would be asking too much to bring in an offensive coordinator while they're at it.

I really hate that I'm trying to defend Wentz when I know it's not really going to get better with Howie around. What's setting me off is that I seen this coming. I knew the draft was a dumpster fire. I knew they needed to bring in another running back. I knew Howie was a fraud. I was just hoping I would be proved wrong. That didn't happen. The one positive is that I don't have to hear from those who thought I was overreacting since they all scurried under the fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

Why wouldn't you care? That's exactly why you would have those statistics.
                  So given the coaching staff and the players, there’s no way Wentz could be better than 31st best quarterback in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

It means the OL isn't excuse for Wentz being the worst QB in the NFL besides Drew Lock and Sam Darnold.

I'm not sure why you have a problem with that. Just a few days ago you posted that Wentz was terrible and that the deniers were moving the goal posts.
                    Does it? The plays where the o line gets Wentz crushed have no effect when they actually block? You think maybe those times where the o line holds up, the defense is doing into coverage? Who is getting open? There's actually context I'm those numbers. Wentz is playing terrible. There's no denying it even though you tried to last week. That doesn't mean ignore the entire calamity that's around him.

Comment

Everyone likes to go back to the benching McNabb scenario which really isn't an apples-to-apples comparison. I'll take another angle. After McNabb's fifth year, people were knocking him and the way the offense was run (rightfully so to some extent). McNabb was coming off a pedestrian year statistically so you know what they did? They brought him in a weapon. Guess what happened? He put up career statistics and went to the Super Bowl. I'm not asking for TO. I'm just asking for someone. Prior to this year, that guy was Ertz. Jeffrey was ok Carson's MVP year but he jumped the shark quick. Get Wentz a Mike Evans or Allen Robinson and I'm thinking we won't be talking about him holding on to the ball too long. I also don't think it would be asking too much to bring in an offensive coordinator while they're at it.

I really hate that I'm trying to defend Wentz when I know it's not really going to get better with Howie around. What's setting me off is that I seen this coming. I knew the draft was a dumpster fire. I knew they needed to bring in another running back. I knew Howie was a fraud. I was just hoping I would be proved wrong. That didn't happen. The one positive is that I don't have to hear from those who thought I was overreacting since they all scurried under the fridge.

McNabb got benched in 08.

Comment

Does it? The plays where the o line gets Wentz crushed have no effect when they actually block? You think maybe those times where the o line holds up, the defense is doing into coverage? Who is getting open? There's actually context I'm those numbers. Wentz is playing terrible. There's no denying it even though you tried to last week. That doesn't mean ignore the entire calamity that's around him.
                        And once again, the red herring.

Nobody disagrees that the Eagles from top to bottom are a shitstorm.

Many of us disagree that Wentz is helpless to rise above that. With his experience and his salary, he ought to be able play mediocre football with this crew.

Those who think otherwise are under Chip-worship levels of denial.

Comment

McNabb got benched in 08.
                          I got that. I was just using another McNabb analogy.

Comment

Everyone likes to go back to the benching McNabb scenario which really isn't an apples-to-apples comparison. I'll take another angle. After McNabb's fifth year, people were knocking him and the way the offense was run (rightfully so to some extent). McNabb was coming off a pedestrian year statistically so you know what they did? They brought him in a weapon. Guess what happened? He put up career statistics and went to the Super Bowl.
                            Let me edit:

After McNabb's eighth year, people were knocking him and the way the offense was run (rightfully so to some extent). McNabb was coming off a pedestrian year statistically so you know what they did? They wholly unexpectedly brought in a rookie quarterback with the second round pick, and then next season they benched McNabb. Guess what happened? He got up off his ass, straightened up and was six minutes from playing in the Super Bowl.

Comment

So given the coaching staff and the players, there's no way Wentz could be better than 31st best quarterback in the league.
                              Let's just use yesterday as an example. He threw two interceptions. Were either of them really his fault? Statistically, you have to blame him since he technically threw the ball but don't you think maybe Rodgers and Jeffery had a hand in it? You even posted about that Jeffery one which I agreed. I'm not saying Wentz has been good. I'm also not going to try and defend every interception he threw. I just know what a piss poor supporting cast can do to a quarterback. I also know what playmakers look like and this team has zero. I want to be clear here. I'm not saying Wentz is not at fault. I'm just saying Howie is a fucking cunt GM and he needs to be on the chopping block first. We all begged for a wideout for two years. Correction: We begged for two wideouts. Look what we got.

I want you to go back to your QB ratings chart and start from top. Here's their wideouts: Adams, Hill, Thomas, Metcalf, Waller (TE), Fuller, Parker, Allen, Diggs, Pick A Steeler, Cooper, Evans, and Hopkins. Now keep in mind, that several of these teams have two wideouts (I'll keep Lamb, Jefferson, and Claypool out of there). Wentz has two practice squad guys and a couple of rookies that are 'wait-and see'. I just don't see how playmakers aren't a factor.

Comment

Working...
                              X