It is on Doug and Howie, not Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is on Doug and Howie, not Wentz

There are problems at receiver, oline, LB, defensive back and play calling/schemes/adjustments nearly every game. Oline has had injuries, but other positions not so much. When you have problems that are that broad, it is on leadership, not the players.

Howie has not provided the receivers a QB must have. Drafting of Reagor over Jefferson was just plain stupid. Where is that speed that Reagor supposed has that will stretch defenses And his route running is average at best. I can’t emphasize enough the need for top notch, consistent and dependable receivers in today’s game and Wentz does not have them. Drafts by Howie have been terrible and that is on him not Wentz. Chip drafted better than Howie.

Shorts keeps playing the same defensive bums. He will not try anyone new unless forced to by injuries, such as LB. He owns the draft of defensive players, reportedly. The defensive e backfield is a mess, yet he trots out the same players every game. He doesn’t know when and how to employ the blitz. This D gets few turnovers. And if the O scores, a return score by the opposing team is almost guaranteed. This is not on Wentz.

Doug doesn’t know how to call plays that focus on the strength of his players. As an example, Wentz should be rolling out more. And his game design and flow just reeks.

We are asking Wentz to pass the ball accurately to average, slow and unphysical receivers while staying in the pocket with an undependable oline. And without a well planned running attack and approach.

Rodgers got his coach fired and he had better weapons than Wentz. Not that I’m saying Wentz is Rodgers, but there are parallels.
    ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Doug and Howie make him fumble. Doug and Howie make him throw 10 feet over the receiver. Doug and Howie force record breaking interceptions. Doug and Howie make him not see wide open receivers. Damn. If we get rid of Doug and Howie, we have a HOF QB on our team.

Comment

It's absolutely on Howie first. I have a hard time saying that it's not on either a player or a coach. Both Pederson and Wentz have been awful this year.

We need to see Pederson and Wentz with a different GM in 2020. If things don't improve, then they can decide whether to cut Wentz or fire Pederson after 2021. I wouldn't mind if this team moved on from Schwartz too. What they can't do is *only* fire Schwartz after this season. That would change nothing, and I'm a little worried that that's exactly what will happen.
      Last edited by art vandelay; 11-24-2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Wentz rolled out once in the game Sunday. Once!?!? When asked on Monday why Wentz is not rolling out, we get this nonsense...

Big Balls: “We had success in the run game in the first half, and my plan going into the second half was to kind of get him out of the pocket - it was to get him out of the pocket, especially on first-and-10 situations to do that. We had in this game plan the movement throws, also kill to a run check built into the game plan based on what the defense gave us. So, some of that came up where we got to the run as opposed to the quarterback movement. But honestly, it’s probably more me just calling them."

Wentz: “I know I love it. I love when I’m out of the pocket and can kind of make plays, move, change the launch point and everything but coaches do a good job of sprinkling that in when and where it applies.”

It's now gotten to the point where this team has totally disregarded screens and rollouts. I just don't get it. If the wideouts aren't getting separation, your offensive line is inconsistent, and you refuse to stick to the run, is the solution to just accept it and stick with the same game plan every week? It's obvious the coaching has been horrendous this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          It's now gotten to the point where this team has totally disregarded screens and rollouts.
          Well, with rollouts that's not completely true ... he likes to run them when everyone knows its coming because Hurts is in the game.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I forgot about that. That's the extent of Big Balls creativity. Let's not forget Foles called the 'Philly Special'.

I guess we were spoiled with Big Red. I look at someone like Scott who plays 40% of the plays on Sunday and he doesn't sniff a screen pass? Isn't that why he's here?

I used to love when the QB would do that forward shovel pass to the RB at the goal line.

Reagor is supposed to be Usain Bolt but god forbid he gets a couple end arounds or something.

For the record, I've never bitched this much about playcalling but it's hard to bite my tongue when it's been this bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
              There are problems at receiver, oline, LB, defensive back and play calling/schemes/adjustments nearly every game. Oline has had injuries, but other positions not so much. When you have problems that are that broad, it is on leadership, not the players.

Howie has not provided the receivers a QB must have. Drafting of Reagor over Jefferson was just plain stupid. Where is that speed that Reagor supposed has that will stretch defenses And his route running is average at best. I can’t emphasize enough the need for top notch, consistent and dependable receivers in today’s game and Wentz does not have them. Drafts by Howie have been terrible and that is on him not Wentz. Chip drafted better than Howie.

Shorts keeps playing the same defensive bums. He will not try anyone new unless forced to by injuries, such as LB. He owns the draft of defensive players, reportedly. The defensive e backfield is a mess, yet he trots out the same players every game. He doesn’t know when and how to employ the blitz. This D gets few turnovers. And if the O scores, a return score by the opposing team is almost guaranteed. This is not on Wentz.

Doug doesn’t know how to call plays that focus on the strength of his players. As an example, Wentz should be rolling out more. And his game design and flow just reeks.

We are asking Wentz to pass the ball accurately to average, slow and unphysical receivers while staying in the pocket with an undependable oline. And without a well planned running attack and approach.

Rodgers got his coach fired and he had better weapons than Wentz. Not that I’m saying Wentz is Rodgers, but there are parallels.
              Could not agree more

Comment

We all ragged on Sean McVay pretty hard because it looked like Doug once had his number, but he’s done a pretty nice job building his roster and giving Goff (another guy we all busted on) weapons to work with, a scheme that fits his skill sets and in game adjustments on both sides of the ball that make improvements. I haven’t seen any of that from our coaching staff since ‘17.

Comment

I was as big a Wentz fluffer as you could find a year ago. He's bad this year. The team isn't great around him, but he's been objectively bad and you can't blame the fucking QB coach. Part of it is Doug and part of it is Howie's atrocious drafts, leaving Wentz exposed to constant pressure. But at the end of the day, he's playing horribly with a better roster than last year's.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

He's about to have his tenth different offensive line this season. I'm not sure how this roster is better? I guess them benching JJAW improves it some but let's not get crazy here. They ended last season with a crappy roster and Howie did nothing to improve it. He tried. Bless his stupid cunt heart but he failed again.

Fun Fact: Which QB led the NFL in QBR when rolling out of the pocket last year? I'll give you a hint. He ran out of the pocket once last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post

Not saying Wentz has not had problems he has LIKE EVERY OTHER QB IN THE LEAGUE. But we watch the Eagles and see his mistakes. But I agree with you. OL gives him no time, everyone says he holds the ball to long, OK if the WR's are not open who is he throwing to in 3 seconds ? Also a guy like Brett Favre criticizes him is a JOKE, Favre was the worst QB for the same thing, he was so overrated. He holds the NFL record for INT's because he just made to many mistakes. Ray Didinger said Favre was the most overrated QB in NFL history. As for the Eagles the team is a mess and it's not one person it's a collection, Defense has not been good, OL is terrible, WR's not getting open, RB been hurt, many injuries and the QB is getting smashed week in and week out.

Comment

Working...
                      X