Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep ... he should have turned right

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-interception/
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

That’s not what that article says.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

No?

"I should’ve been where he thought I was going to be"

Comment

OVERRULED.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Obviously Pederson’s fault
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

No?

"I should’ve been where he thought I was going to be"
            It does not say, and Goedert did not say, that he should have turned right. He said he should have been where Wentz expected him to throw it.

Comment

It does not say, and Goedert did not say, that he should have turned right. He said he should have been where Wentz expected him to throw it.
              The wording was intentional. Reminds me of when Dak said "I need to throw him a better ball, not give him a chance to drop it".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

The wording was intentional. Reminds me of when Dak said "I need to throw him a better ball, not give him a chance to drop it".
                Uh huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

I get that impression too. I don't really want to harp on this play because they weren't going to win anyway, but it seemed like Rodgers over the middle would have been a much easier throw.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I get that impression too. I don't really want to harp on this play because they weren't going to win anyway, but it seemed like Rodgers over the middle would have been a much easier throw.
                    Oh I'm harpin! I've watched the play many times to embrace the pain - I think it was a bad decision and playcall by Doug, bad routes by every receiver but Rodgers(only cause he got open), and bad decision and execution by the QB(who had the previously mentioned issues working against him). Maybe it doesn't make a difference in the end result of that game, but it captures the problems haunting the offense all year.

Comment

What?

Where Wentz expected Goeddart to throw it? (I assume you meant ... where Wentz expected him to be when he threw it ... which is really splitting hairs and doesn't change the gist of what Goeddart said.

EDITED TO ADD: In language we particularly understand ... if Goedart was expected to testify in court that he ran the route in the right place ... I'd pay my investigator a bonus if he uncovered, for me to use on cross, a transcript from a prior trial with this in it:

"Carson thought I was going to be going down and away and threw it there. I should’ve been where he thought I was going to be. I’ll take the blame for that one. It was a crucial point in the game. Mistakes like that can’t happen"

I guess I should have used "down and away" instead of "turned right"
                      Last edited by slag; 12-02-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

What Goedert said:

“I tried to work the leverage [on Wagner],” Goedert said, via the Philadelphia Inquirer. “I was kind of [sliding] inside so he wouldn’t be able to break up the play and I’d be able to make it. Carson thought I was going to be going down and away and threw it there. I should’ve been where he thought I was going to be. I’ll take the blame for that one. It was a crucial point in the game. Mistakes like that can’t happen.”

I should have been where he thought I was going to be.

What Goedert did not say:

I should have turned right.

I ran the wrong route.

Given the opportunity Goedert refused to throw Wentz under the bus. Even if Wentz was incorrect, Goedert was never going to say Wentz blew it.

I’m pretty sure if you asked the guy in my avatar, and he would know, he would tell you that if his receiver is facing up to a defender and has two options, it’s the quarterback’s job to know which option the receiver will take, or more particularly, which option the receiver is coached to take. Goedert describes his read of the defender and his choice of route and we have no reason to doubt he was correct.

Comment

What Goedert said:

“I tried to work the leverage [on Wagner],” Goedert said, via the Philadelphia Inquirer. “I was kind of [sliding] inside so he wouldn’t be able to break up the play and I’d be able to make it. Carson thought I was going to be going down and away and threw it there. I should’ve been where he thought I was going to be. I’ll take the blame for that one. It was a crucial point in the game. Mistakes like that can’t happen.”

I should have been where he thought I was going to be.

What Goedert did not say:

I should have turned right.

I ran the wrong route.

Given the opportunity Goedert refused to throw Wentz under the bus. Even if Wentz was incorrect, Goedert was never going to say Wentz blew it.

I’m pretty sure if you asked the guy in my avatar, and he would know, he would tell you that if his receiver is facing up to a defender and has two options, it’s the quarterback’s job to know which option the receiver will take, or more particularly, which option the receiver is coached to take. Goedert describes his read of the defender and his choice of route and we have no reason to doubt he was correct.
                          Ok ... you're right ... I give up ... he had to use the words you suggest to indicate he made the mistake on that play and anything he said to take the blame was to protect Wentz.
                          Last edited by slag; 12-02-2020, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Sounds to me like Goedert is falling on the sword.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Ok ... you're right ... I give up ... he had to use the words you suggest to indicate he made the mistake on that play and anything he said to take the blame was to protect Wentz.
                              Hard to argue with Tom Brady isn’t it?

Comment

Working...
                              X