No announcement yet.

So ... does Hurts suck now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a step back and being objective, Hurts brought more to the team today than Wentz. And also objectively, Wentz should start next week.
    DB

Comment

So last week 7 balls in the hands of RB/WR were dropped, Carson threw a pick where his arm got hit 2 games ago and it was said ball would have been picked anyway. But everybody threw him under the bus, has he not played like we expect YES he has not. But Hurts came in got 2 big plays for 78 of his 100 yards, sacked and threw a pick, where is the difference ? There is none, you know what I am ALL FOR starting him this week against the Saints. Then after the game is over this whole fiasco can stop. Start next season NOW by getting rid of the old and bringing in the young and get someone who can draft and let Howie work his magic with the money end of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

I think aside from 2017 his track record isn’t that good.

Of course I want him to be fixable because until this year I was hopeful they had a franchise QB, AND I don’t think Hurts is that either. I’m afraid we’re fucked and I’m sick about it.
        I don't see that.

Wentz was the number 5 ranked QB in the league last year ... he had 3-4 bad games.

In 11 games in 2018 he had an even higher QB rating.

His problem with everyone prior to last year was injury ... not his game ... as evidenced by the universal WTF??? when Hurts was drafted.

My position has consistently been that his 3 year track record warrants patience considering the garbage he's been playing with.

He's been alarmingly shitty this year but I don't hate him like a cadre appears to here.

So I posted some trolling shit yesterday during the game to poke a little fun ... and now I'm senile and not chill.
        Last edited by slag; 12-07-2020, 08:29 AM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

As mentioned before, the same people who think Hurts is the answer are the same ones who thought Reagor was the right pick. I'm sure they probably fluffed the Hurts pick in the second round too. There was a group of us that knew this season was screwed back in April. At the time, we were referred to as 'whiners'. Now, it's already been established we were right then about Reagor so let's double down now. Hurts is not the answer. I'll go with my typical 'sure let's play it out' and 'I'll be happy to eat crow', The same crow I wanted to eat when I stated all of these other quarterbacks were not the answer between McNabb and Wentz. That's fine. It's silly how many times the same people on here think the other QB is the answer. Same thing every year. It's very simple. I said that the supporting cast around Wentz is awful. That has not changed. The play calling is still putrid, Sanders is still being ignored, the offensive line is still garbage, the receivers still blow, and now it appears Ertz has quit or just isn't healthy.

Now, we watch Hurts go against a prevent defense and get sacked three times and produce a 34.4 QBR. Is he not getting the ball out quick enough? Did wideouts drop 7 of the 12 passes he threw? They are now clamoring for the QB who avoids getting sacked the most. Let's not mention that our cunt GM caused all of this mess. Nah. Let's blame Wentz because he's getting paid the most. The cunt GM buried this team in April. I have no idea what to tell you if you didn't hear us back then. Sorry not sorry.
          Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-07-2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

I don't see that.

Wentz was the number 5 ranked QB in the league last year ... he had 3-4 bad games.

In 11 games in 2018 he had an even higher QB rating.

His problem with everyone prior to last year was injury ... not his game ... as evidenced by the universal WTF??? when Hurts was drafted.

My position has consistently been that his 3 year track record warrants patience considering the garbage he's been playing with.

He's been alarmingly shitty this year but I don't hate him like a cadre appears to here.

So I posted some trolling shit yesterday during the game to poke a little fun ... and now I'm senile and not chill.
            I gotta say your patience and the way you sell Wentz make me want to believe, but my eyes tell me otherwise. Do you apply the same 3 year track record benefit to the guy you call Gomer? I had to google what a cadre was - it does seem like you are a founding member of the Doug hating cadre.

Comment

Look, you are paying two QBs the same amount next year anyway, so why not see in the next four games what you've got in Hurts then over the offseason see if you can do something with Wentz' head and skills. You aren't going to draft a QB in the draft unless you are willing to burn the money for the QBs and more importantly you are deciding that both your QBs aren't starters. So that isn't happening.

I reiterate the question I asked earlier, though: You're a GM for another team, do you trade a fourth rounder for Darnold or a first rounder for Wentz?
              DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                Look, you are paying two QBs the same amount next year anyway, so why not see in the next four games what you've got in Hurts then over the offseason see if you can do something with Wentz' head and skills.
                I agree with this to both see what you have in Hurts and keep Wentz healthy going into the offseason. If Hurts stinks it up - it might actually give Wentz a confidence boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

I gotta say your patience and the way you sell Wentz make me want to believe, but my eyes tell me otherwise. Do you apply the same 3 year track record benefit to the guy you call Gomer? I had to google what a cadre was - it does seem like you are a founding member of the Doug hating cadre.
                  I did not like the hiring ... I changed my mind after he won the Super Bowl ... I'm still not sure about him ... his team generally plays hard for him but it appears that his x's and o's have suffered since Reich left.

I wouldn't cry about a new coach, but I do not think it's fair to fire him for one shit season after 3 in the playoffs and a Super Bowl win.

How's that?
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                  X