Psychological Profiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychological Profiling

Wentz: Was the Big Cheese at a small school. Local hero. Played against average competition. Was a champion in his small college and was universally loved. Got to the Eagles, was universally loved and performed off the charts in 2017. Then injuries. Hardship. Something new to him. Clear that these injuries have put a head whammy on him and now he looks shy in the pocket. He has hardship on him and has no experience to tell him how to get out of it.

Hurts: Played at two big time schools on the biggest stage college has to offer. Was freaking benched at halftime of the championship game. Transferred to a second big time program. Has faced hardship and questions since college.

Who is better to lead a team?
    DB

Hurts played for two of the top quarterback programs in the country. He received the best of coaching and threw passes to the best of receivers in pro style offenses.

He got benched, took it like a man, was as responsible for Alabama’s national championship as Wentz was for the Super Bowl, stayed at Alabama to try to win his job back, never pissed or moaned, got up of the bench to win the SEC Championship from behind. He never lost respect of the Alabama players or coaches. Then he transferred to Oklahoma and was excellent there under a future NFL head coach.

I haven’t seen anything in the little he’s played so far that suggests he can’t cut it.

Comment

It's obvious many didn't watch him college. I get it. I remember watching his last game of his career against LSU. I'm not really a fan of either teams but I wanted to watch specifically because of the receivers. This game was loaded with receivers I was hoping the Eagles would draft (Jefferson, Lamb and Chase). In this game alone, Jefferson had 14 receptions, 227 yards, and 4 TDs (Yes, that was in one game on the biggest stage). I think I even mentioned this game on here before regarding Jefferson being unreal. Lamb had 4 receptions for 119 yards. I remember thinking Lamb probably would be better if he had a better QB. Burrow outclassed him to an embarrassing level. That QB was Hurts. He went 15 for 31 for 217 yards and 0 TDs and 1 interception. He did this with Lamb playing the entire game. We all know he was replaced by Tua the year before due to his ineffectiveness under the bright lights.

What am I missing about Hurts' performances on the biggest stages?
      Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-08-2020, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        It's obvious many didn't watch him college. I get it. I remember watching his last game of his career against LSU. I'm not really a fan of either teams but I wanted to watch specifically because of the receivers. This game was loaded with receivers I was hoping the Eagles would draft (Jefferson, Lamb and Chase). In this game alone, Jefferson had 14 receptions, 227 yards, and 4 TDs (Yes, that was in one game on the biggest stage). I think I even mentioned this game on here before regarding Jefferson being unreal. Lamb had 4 receptions for 119 yards. I remember thinking Lamb probably would be better if he had a better QB. Burrow outclassed him to an embarrassing level. That QB was Hurts. He went 15 for 31 for 217 yards and 0 TDs and 1 interception. He did this with Lamb playing the entire game. We all know he was replaced by Tua the year before due to his ineffectiveness under the bright lights.

What am I missing about Hurts' performances on the biggest stages?
        To be fair - Trevor Lawrence had his worst game against LSU the following week, that LSU defense had quite a few players drafted in the first 3 rounds.

Comment

Lawrence was also a sophomore. Unfortunately, he's going to see better defenses in the NFL. There's a reason he's a third round QB (that CGM drafted in the second).

Comment

When did quarterbacking at Alabama become a hardship?

Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Lawrence was also a sophomore.
              A sophomore who had already defeated an unbeaten Alabama, an unbeaten Ohio State, and an unbeaten Notre Dame in the college football playoffs and had never lost a college football game in 25 starts. I don’t think the stage was too big for Lawrence. Trevor was poor but hand it to that defense.

Comment

It's hard to even compare the two. I see Hurtz as one of the many college QBs who's skillset won't translate in the NFL. He may win a game with his legs but he's certainly not the future for this team.

Comment

It's hard to even compare the two. I see Hurtz as one of the many college QBs who's skillset won't translate in the NFL. He may win a game with his legs but he's certainly not the future for this team.
                  Is "Hurtz" technically the mind meld of Wentz and Hurts? I think I agree, might've been okay in college but maybe not so much in the pros. He seems to look to run first so I'm not sure why on earth anyone would put him in against the Saints other than to not get Wents killed. Typo intentional.
                  DB

Comment

I'll make sure they spell it right when I buy the jersey.

Comment

Working...
                    X