I suspect we're going to learn that Wentz was immature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suspect we're going to learn that Wentz was immature

He had every physical capability they thought he had when they drafted him. He probably was the first guy there every day. He was probably a good guy, and very likable.

But his faux accountability was his undoing. Years of being a great athlete taught him to say the right things, but when it came time to confront failure, he just couldn't do it.

It's a shame, because we're all kinds of fucked now.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

It's really quite simple.

They have a QB who is more than capable of doing his job at a high level. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.
    They have a coach who needs a real offensive coordinator because the coach is not capable of running an offense. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.
    They have a CGM who was supposed to surround his QB with playmakers. He doesn't have the skillset to do so. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.

If you think this quarterback hasn't been the same since 2017, that would be incorrect (not saying you're saying that but I've heard it several times). The talent around him has changed including the coaching. This is what happens when you have a smarter-than-you CGM. I refuse to believe that he has lost confidence in himself. I do believe he lost confidence in everybody else and I don't blame him. Unfortunately, Wentz doesn't have it in him to blame anyone but himself. He's frustrated in the organization and not himself. Rightfully so.

The problem we have is that we live in a world were everyone wants to have a 'hot take' on things. Every occurrence has to have two sides. Articles are written to get clicks. Radio and TV are filled with nonsensical opinions because that's what gets people talking. If all conversations aren't prefaced by mentioning that the CGM is the first and biggest problem and he needs to go yesterday, I tune out everything else.
    Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-09-2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I don't disagree with most of this. What I'm seeing (and I could be wrong, but it's what I think) is that Wentz seems incapable of breaking out of whatever funk he's in right now.

I don't blame the receivers for that, because they're better than they were at this time last year and Wentz was a beast down the stretch last year. I can, however, admit that Howie has failed to pick better talent that was available on the draft board.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I've been in a funk since 1974. I can't seem to snap out of it. Does that mean I'm going to get benched?
        DB

Comment

He won't break out of it. The coach doesn't use Sanders. The wideouts and offensive line are a mess. Ertz appears to have one foot out that door. Sitting him will not change things. This is what happens when an organization is poorly run and now poorly coached. I know this isn't a 'hot take' or anything but I've watched Wentz long enough to know the kid can play.

Comment

I don’t think it is any coincidence that Wentz “held himself accountable” in a team meeting after Goedert told the press that he should have been where Wentz thought he was going to be.

Comment

Wentz always holds himself accountable. He says the exact same things after every loss from the very beginning. That's a non-story.
              Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-09-2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                Wentz always holds himself accountable. He's said the exact same things after every loss from the very beginning. That's a non-story.
                I leave as to neither you nor I knows what goes on in the locker room so what either of us believes is conjecture. That’s a fact.

Comment

How many times have you heard Wentz directly or indirectly throw someone under the bus? I'm sure something has to be out there over the last four years. It's not like everything has been perfect. Maybe I missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    I don't blame the receivers for that, because they're better than they were at this time last year and Wentz was a beast down the stretch last year. I can, however, admit that Howie has failed to pick better talent that was available on the draft board.
                    The wideouts aren't much better. Jeffery is cooked. The others are meh. The biggest difference is the offensive line and Sanders (Ertz typically excels in Decembers). I still can't fathom having a coach that doesn't see value in Sanders. You'll see a huge difference in how much they used the running backs last year. This year, you wouldn't even realize Sanders came back from his injury.
                    Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-09-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Wentz always holds himself accountable. He says the exact same things after every loss from the very beginning. That's a non-story.
                      Wentz says he's accountable on camera.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

Wentz says he's accountable on camera.
                        Yup, he does it at an annoying level. I guess him doing it privately means more than him doing it publicly.
                        Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-09-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Yup, he does it at an annoying level. I guess him doing it privately means more than him doing it publicly.
                          Like I said. But that’s just conjecture as is your response. That’s a fact.

Comment

Wentz doesnt seem to have many friends on the team. Maybe Alshon was 100% right, players LOVED foles, wentz meh Hurts they like so give it a shot and see Wentz just is not a likable guy

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

Like I said. But that’s just conjecture as is your response. That’s a fact.
                              He did it so privately we all knew when it happened.

IGits: That's a reply for snakebitten.
                              Last edited by BigSlizz; 12-09-2020, 06:48 PM.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X