70.00%
    Soft Bacon
    0%
    Bacon Bits
    0%
    Any Bacon
    30.00%
    DB

I voted Any Bacon but I would include the word "Cooked".....none of that disgusting fat that is undercooked and lard-like
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Any bacon is good. Fairly crisp, but not super crunchy.

Comment

I'm getting pm's from the high class bored members asking why I didn't include pancetta. Because that's not bacon!
        DB

Comment

Once you open it up to pancetta, you'll have to include pork belly, salt pork, and even more. Good on you for avoiding the scope creep.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
            Once you open it up to pancetta, you'll have to include pork belly, salt pork, and even more. Good on you for avoiding the scope creep.
            and then before you know it everyone will be talking about their favorite rib joint.
            DB

Comment

I thought he gave an excellent cameo performance in Sleepers ... and I liked him more recently as an anti-hero in City On A Hill.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

and then before you know it everyone will be talking about their favorite rib joint.
                there is a spot in Vancouver called Meat & Bread....good stuff, cracklin' included.

Meat & Bread is a sandwich shop started in Gastown that is known for their Porchetta sandwiches. They were featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. They have expanded to more locations in Vancouver, Victoria and Seattle. Each location serves their famous Porchetta sandwich, a rotational daily special, and signature sandwich.

Comment

Thank goodness it hasn't devolved into that nonsense.

Comment

See? Now we're talking Canadian capicola or something. Not that it doesn't make me hungry, but I mean that's not bacon.
                    DB

Comment

See? Now we're talking Canadian capicola or something. Not that it doesn't make me hungry, but I mean that's not bacon.
                      Christina Lurie chows down on Italian hoagies, loves the capicola and salami and provolone. Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post

there is a spot in Vancouver called Meat & Bread....good stuff, cracklin' included.

Meat & Bread is a sandwich shop started in Gastown that is known for their Porchetta sandwiches. They were featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. They have expanded to more locations in Vancouver, Victoria and Seattle. Each location serves their famous Porchetta sandwich, a rotational daily special, and signature sandwich.
                        I saw that! They started out with a food truck right? Gotta be the same ppl, anyway after seeing it I had to make it for myself ( a lot). Rotisserie Bacon makes me Happy. Actually wanted to steal the whole concept and apply it to my local farmers market, which already has a very good bbq rotisserie joint but lets face it there is always room for more rotisserie meat - I GOTTA GET OFF MY ASS

Comment

Originally posted by joydivision View Post

I saw that! They started out with a food truck right? Gotta be the same ppl, anyway after seeing it I had to make it for myself ( a lot). Rotisserie Bacon makes me Happy. Actually wanted to steal the whole concept and apply it to my local farmers market, which already has a very good bbq rotisserie joint but lets face it there is always room for more rotisserie meat - I GOTTA GET OFF MY ASS
                          not sure of the origins...you walk past the joint and in the front window is the guy slicing up the pig for sandwiches, watering mouths of the foot traffic as they walk by. Good stuff.

Yes, always room for more rotisserie...speaking of, any good shwarma places in Philly area? Rotisserie bacon? sounds heavenly

Comment

Working...
                          X