Wentz is extremely tradeable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz is extremely tradeable.

They could get a first from the Colts, Pats or Broncos. I think it would be an idiotic move by the Eagles.

"It would really only be a two-year commitment for $47.4 million because of the guarantees. After 2022, the acquiring team could exit the deal without any dead money or residual cap charges."

https://t.co/9Vok4G7N1v
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Who is the QB of the future ? Please do not say Hurts

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
      Who is the QB of the future ? Please do not say Hurts
      I don’t think Hurts is, but I’m pulling for him. He is good people and everything he has been through, he has handled it with class.

Wentz is a mess right now and there is concern he may not recover. Question is, who is most likely to be the better QB moving forward?
      ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

I don't think so. I think you get an NBA type trade where you have to take a lesser draft pick. In any event it is moot since Wentz is your starter in 2021.
        DB

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          They could get a first from the Colts, Pats or Broncos. I think it would be an idiotic move by the Eagles.

"It would really only be a two-year commitment for $47.4 million because of the guarantees. After 2022, the acquiring team could exit the deal without any dead money or residual cap charges."

https://t.co/9Vok4G7N1v
          The conclusion the author gives "Wentz's contract and Philadelphia's cap issues suggest that he will get another opportunity in 2021 to demonstrate he can be their starting quarterback. Unless Wentz is a leading candidate for NFL Comeback Player of the Year next season, it's hard to imagine he will still be in Philadelphia for the 2022 season."

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

The conclusion the author gives "Wentz's contract and Philadelphia's cap issues suggest that he will get another opportunity in 2021 to demonstrate he can be their starting quarterback. Unless Wentz is a leading candidate for NFL Comeback Player of the Year next season, it's hard to imagine he will still be in Philadelphia for the 2022 season."
            Possible. Only pointing out that Wentz contract is relatively attractive for other teams - especially considering his proven high ceiling. Not many people seem to understand that. Hell, Phil Rivers is getting 25M.

That said I would be shocked if the Eagles write off their investment in Wentz due to one bad season. But if I were one of those other teams I would be trying hard to convince them to do it. Wentz in New England? Ugh.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
            X