I had fond memories of Vick yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had fond memories of Vick yesterday

Watching Hurts accelerate and turn nothing into 15-20 yards to extend drives was pretty damn enjoyable.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

I believe Vick was faster. But Hurts is probably a better pet owner.
    DB

Comment

Watching Hurts run reminded me of Watching Cunningham in the late 80's early 90's

Comment

Originally posted by Joker View Post
        Watching Hurts run reminded me of Watching Cunningham in the late 80's early 90's
        FWIW, Jaworski said the same thing about Hurts. He pointed out that the Saints had a LB spying Hurts, but they couldn't catch him, kind of like his old team mate Randall.
        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Hurts was running those read option running plays with Sanders that were no longer part of the offense as they were with preinjury Wentz and even Foles. They were hugely successful Sunday with the read option. Is that what people complain about that the Eagles call different plays for Hurts?

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            Watching Hurts accelerate and turn nothing into 15-20 yards to extend drives was pretty damn enjoyable.
            Be nice if the first round draft choice ran with the same conviction.

Comment

Maybe the way he runs or my eyes playing tricks on me but he doesn't look that fast to me, not the same burst as Vick or Lamar but he sure does get separation from defenders. I do like how comfortable he looks running the ball, but the way he played on sunday is not sustainable.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

It would be, but I'll just take what we've got. Get something for Wentz and let's go with Hurts. That seems like my lifetime of Eagles football with Cunningham, (early) McNabb, and Vick.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                  Maybe the way he runs or my eyes playing tricks on me but he doesn't look that fast to me, not the same burst as Vick or Lamar but he sure does get separation from defenders. I do like how comfortable he looks running the ball, but the way he played on sunday is not sustainable.
                  I think it's your eyes, because Wentz runs, gets 8 yards and you're wondering if it's enough for a first down. When Hurts ran on Sunday, you were wondering just how far down the field he was going to get.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                    It’s the way he runs. Long strides. Opposite of Kyler Murray who looks like a 6 year old running.

Comment

Hurts was running those read option running plays with Sanders that were no longer part of the offense as they were with preinjury Wentz and even Foles. They were hugely successful Sunday with the read option. Is that what people complain about that the Eagles call different plays for Hurts?
                      People complain about that. I'm shocked that Brian Westbrook, who played 9 years in the NFL, had that complaint. With Wentz, a read-option can go for a nice gain a couple of times a game. It can go for a lot more with Hurts, which causes opponents to respect it, which opens up plays like Sanders' 82-yard TD.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

People complain about that. I'm shocked that Brian Westbrook, who played 9 years in the NFL, had that complaint. With Wentz, a read-option can go for a nice gain a couple of times a game. It can go for a lot more with Hurts, which causes opponents to respect it, which opens up plays like Sanders' 82-yard TD.
                        As the Ringer put it, there is no way Sanders is breaking off that run with Wentz in the game.

Comment

I still can't get over how slow Reagor looked (at least compared to how fast he's supposed to be).
                          Last edited by McCarthy12; 12-15-2020, 10:04 PM.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I still can't get over how slow Reagor looked (at least compared to how fast he's supposed to be).
                            The Phillies hired competence. The Sixers hired competence. The Flyers look ready. The Eagles easily have the worst FO in town.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

As the Ringer put it, there is no way Sanders is breaking off that run with Wentz in the game.
                              Just saw this: https://twitter.com/EaglesXOs/status...967246849?s=20

Teams will start to plan for Hurts, but that's not a game that Pederson could have called with Wentz. Regular RB runs were by far the least effective part of the offense on Sunday, but it seems like people think the success was as simple as just deciding to run the ball.

I think RPO is going to become a buzzword over the next few weeks, as though Pederson just decides to call RPOs when a QB besides Wentz is playing. I'm by no means an expert. This info is easily available on pro-football-reference. In 2019, Wentz ranked 4th in RPOs behind Jackson, Murray, and Watson. In 2020 he ranks 5th and of course he's missed 1.5 games. Over the past few years he's run more RPOs than any non-running QB.
                              Last edited by art vandelay; 12-16-2020, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X