Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: 21 Club is closing forever.

Man, New York City has gone to shit.

NEVER HEARD OF IT. NEVER BEEN TO NYC ONCE.

BRONX, ONCE FOR A YANKMEE GAME AT OLD YANKMEE STADIUM. BUS IN, BUS OUT.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
      NEVER HEARD OF IT. NEVER BEEN TO NYC ONCE.

BRONX, ONCE FOR A YANKMEE GAME AT OLD YANKMEE STADIUM. BUS IN, BUS OUT.
      It may not be a popular viewpoint around here, but New York City is the greatest city in the world, and I’ve been to many.

I fear it’ll never recover. COVID and the stupid ass leadership of the mayor and the governor did a job on the city far far worse than 9/11 did.

Comment

And the 21 Club was the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

It may not be a popular viewpoint around here, but New York City is the greatest city in the world, and I’ve been to many.

I fear it’ll never recover. COVID and the stupid ass leadership of the mayor and the governor did a job on the city far far worse than 9/11 did.
          IT MAY BE, BUT FOR ME, WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE...BUT I LIKE TALL TREES NOT TALL BUILDINGS.
          I GO INTO DOWNTOWN PHILLY, ONLY ON SPECIAL OCCASION, I CAN FEEL MY BLOOD PRESSURE RISE, GOING ANYWHERE NEAR IT.
          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-18-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

And the 21 Club was the balls.
            The food sucks. Sucked. Agree with you on the Mayor and the City although I'd live in Philalala wayyyyyy before I lived in NYC. As a matter of fact, NYC wouldn't be in my Top Fifty.
            DB

Comment

I agree with this. There's nothing like it. I still struggle to refer to anything other than NYC as "the city." As much as I want my folks to move out here, it's really nice still having a home base close to Manhattan.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I agree with this. There's nothing like it. I still struggle to refer to anything other than NYC as "the city." As much as I want my folks to move out here, it's really nice still having a home base close to Manhattan.
                I loved living there. And I agree. Hard time calling anything a city after those years.

D train for 10 mins to Yankee stadium. Short walk to MSG.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

NYC is not going to shit but it’s going to be a long cold winter here IMO.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Bill DeBlasio is the worst mayor in the history of the city IMO, and I lived there when Dinkins was mayor and you had to dodge panhandlers and squeegie guys on every corner of even the Upper East Side... and if Donald Trump had figured out how to emote faux empathy like that phony Andrew Cuomo, the Democrats would be the ones demanding recounts.

Having said that, I'm cautiously optimistic that NYC is too big to fail.
                    Last edited by slag; 12-19-2020, 07:56 AM. Reason: typo
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      Bill DeBlasio is the worst mayor in the history of the city IMO, and I lived there when Dinkins was mayor and you had to dodge panhandlers and squeegie guys on every corner of even the Upper East Side... and if Donald Trump had figured out how to emote faux empathy like that phony Andrew Cuomo, the Democrats would be the ones demanding recounts.

Having said that, I'm cautiously optimistic that NYC is too big to fail.
                      Agree with most of this. I've spent the last couple years comparing DeBlaz and Dinkins. I loved Rudy when he came in. I loved him when he was USA in SDNY, dragging traders off the floor in handcuffs. He was the best mayor we had. Cleaned shit up. It was all good (unless you were an Ethiopian immigrant). But I just don't know what the hell happened to him. It's like he's got a brain worm. Anyway, DeBlaz is basically just a union mouthpiece. Pathetic what he is doing for business.

But back to the OP, even under Rudy "21" had shitty food.
                      DB

Comment

I GUESS WHEN ALL THIS COVID IS DONE, I SHOULD TAKE A QUAALUDE AND VENTURE UP THERE FOR A DAY.

HIT UP WHERE YOU GUYS SAY TO EAT AND SUCH.

Comment

Rudy's downfall is tragic. I honestly think he has dementia ( I mean that sincerely, not as an insult). There's plenty to make fun of with regard to his behavior over the last few years, but mostly it is sad IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                            Rudy's downfall is tragic. I honestly think he has dementia ( I mean that sincerely, not as an insult). There's plenty to make fun of with regard to his behavior over the last few years, but mostly it is sad IMO.
                            You watching this game? Butler's best player is out they should be smoking them. I think this team has potential but I've said that before...
                            DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

You watching this game? Butler's best player is out they should be smoking them. I think this team has potential but I've said that before...
                              Just put it on. I think they do, too. Probably won't live up to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X